~29~ Party Secrecy

There are a lot of people at the tiki bar already, but I don't care. I find a seat and sit down with a loud sigh, gaining Mike's attention.  He walks over while he's drying off a glass. He puts the cup under the counter and flips the towel onto his shoulder and he puts his hands on the counter and leans against it, giving me his full attention or at least 3/4 of it. "What's wrong?" He questions. I play with the leather bracelet on my wrist and I answer without looking up at him. "I don't understand women." "Oh boy, this is going to be a long talk." He bends down and grabs a bottle of beer. He opens the top and hands it to me and I drink half of it in one gulp. Mike motions for me to continue and I go back to toying with the twisted leather. "At work the other day, Peyton's friends came in and I asked them how to apologize to her and they said that if I was honest with her, she'd accept my apology," I finish off the beer with another big gulp and Mike takes the bottle and replaces it with a full one and I start sipping at this one slower, but about 1/4 of it is already gone with one sip. "So, I did what they suggested and she invited me here. Now that I think about it, she never actually accepted my apology," Someone asks for a refill and while he refills their glass, he's listening to my rambling. "All she did was thank me for being honest, and then she invited me here. And then, when I show up, she's covered in hickeys. And I'm talking like six all on one side of her neck." Screw drinking this slowly, I down the rest of it and instead of getting another beer, Mike gives me a glass of water.  "Well, I could be wrong, but I don't think she planned on being covered with hickeys so that you could get upset and get wasted at the tiki bar." I take a small sip of my water and nod. "Yeah, but she did say it was from a curling iron. Maybe she's telling the truth." Mike sighs and shakes his head. He knew what happened. "Wait, why would she mess with not only my feelings but mine and Jacob's feelings?" Someone asks for food and he points to the foldable table filled with spiked punch and snacks. "Maybe she's confused and doesn't know who to choose. I'm not Peyton so I don't know what she is feeling, but I don't think she meant to hurt either of you. Maybe you should just talk to her and ask her what's really going on." That's a great idea except for the fact that the hickeys are a complete distraction and I won't be able to focus. I give up on drinking the water and I crave another beer. "Maybe. Can I get another beer?" He gives me another beer and I get up to search for Peyton.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I'm chatting with a few friends from high school when my attention is taken away and I see Kristian and Marley kissing

I'm chatting with a few friends from high school when my attention is taken away and I see Kristian and Marley kissing. Like making out, not just pecking. And when I say making out, I mean Kristian is trying to shove his tongue all the way down her throat. It looks like Marley's face is getting eaten. I honestly think snot is rubbed all over each other's faces. Are they even breathing at this point? I knew they had some feelings for each other, but I didn't know she had the balls to do something about it. Or maybe Kristian made the move.  Honestly, they could've gone for each other at the same time. "Peyton, are you still listening?" "Oh sorry, no. I got distracted by something. Could you please say that again?" My old classmate scoffs and turns away, her ponytail slapping me in the face.