~24~ Friend Group Disapproval

I follow Ace through the house- dripping wet because I didn't grab a towel- begging him to listen to me. "Ace!" I finally shout, causing him to turn around and give me a disapproving look. It kind of stings my heart to see how cold he is.

"What, Peyton? What could you possibly need to say to me to think otherwise? You're just using me to do what? Be a slut? Make people jealous and think you're too good for them?"

"Don't talk to her like that." Kristian comes through the French doors and walks past me and straight to Ace. I don't miss how Ace flinches a little and gulps, but he shakes it off and stiffens up, trying to stand up to Kristian.

"Or else what, hm?" Ace asks, but I don't miss how his voice shakes. "Or else this." Kristian swings his fist at Ace's face and hits him on his right cheek, causing him to lose his balance and fall to the floor with a loud thud. That was the same spot where 'John' had punched him. It had just healed too. "Don't ever talk, or disrespect Peyton like that ever again." Kristian takes my small hand in his large one and leads me back outside and to the tiki bar. 

"You alright?" Mike asks, drying off a glass and flinging the towel over his shoulder. That must be his favorite thing to do when he's talking to someone because he does it all. The. Time. He'd be a decent bartender though. I wonder if he's ever considered it.

"Yeah, Ace was just being a jerk." I rest my arms on the counter and look around my backyard as if I haven't already seen it a million times on my own.

"A jerk? He called you a slut!" Kristian practically shouts.

Mike pulls the towel off his shoulder and slams it on the counter and he grabs my face, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"Did he actually?"

My eyes well up and I try to turn my head away so he can't see my tears fall, but it's no use. He has a good grip on my cheeks. 

Mike sees my tears and he wipes them away. "I'll be right back." He releases my face and walks into the house. Kristian pulls me into his side and I cry into his shoulder and he rubs my head, comforting me. I feel another arm wrap around me and I assume it's Mike, but then I hear Jacob's voice. "Don't worry. I'll be your trainer every week, and Mike is taking care of him. Next time he's a dick to you, come to me." He kisses the top of my head and rubs my back. What did I do to deserve such great men in my life?

I pick my head up and look at everyone who has now surrounded me, including Mike. "You guys are so great." I wipe my tears and I'm embraced into a huge group hug.

I love them. I love them, a lot.

"We love you so much, Pey," Maisey whispers, hugging my calve. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i wonder what mike did...

this chapter is a little bit shorter than normal. sorry. these past couple of chapters haven't been much.

lmk ab typos. thanks!

~lia

Question of the Chapter: How are you really? Feel free to vent or reach out to me.