~15~ Raised Voices Lead to Screaming

I get out of Jacob's grasp and look at Kristian. "Hear what?" 

Kristian and Jacob make eye contact, then Kristian goes back to looking at the ground.

"Hear what, Ramey?" Jacob sits up further, more concerned.

"Dude, tell us." Jacob raises his voice a little and I stand up.

"Well, while you two were making love with a scary movie playing, this chick named Lauren was trying to break into your coffee shop." Oh, she must've forgotten her key again. My shoulders relaxed and Jacob looks like he had just shit in his pants.

"Oh, she must've forgotten her key again. It's fine." I sit back down on the couch and pull the hoodie closer to my body. He smells good. Like really good.

"Oh." Kristian is just frozen. I feel bad because he thought he was doing something good. "Sorry, Ramey. And Peyton and I weren't making love to a scary movie. We made love listening to the weekend, then we watched a scary movie." I don't even feel myself get up, but I'm beside Jacob and I smack him across the face. "Ow."

"Basic." Kristian chuckles and walks out the front door.

Jacob stands there rubbing his cheek where I had previously hit him. "Oh quit being a baby. I could've kneed you in the balls, but I was nice and tapped you on the face." He glares at me. "That was not just a 'tap'. You pulled your arm behind your head then swung at my face full speed." I just roll my eyes because I don't feel like continuing this argument.

"Well, I think I'm gonna head out. Thanks for a fun time." I go to walk towards the front door, but Jacob grabs my arm. "Please don't leave. The movie isn't over yet and you have training tomorrow so you should just ride with me." Hmm, reasonable, but I don't have my bathing suit.

"We can finish the movie, but I can't stay. I don't have my stuff for training." I see Jacob's face drop and I feel bad. "I guess I can stay, but we'll have to stop by my place so I can grab my bathing suit." He lets out an airy 'yes' and fist pumps the air.

I'm pulled back onto the couch and Jacob lays his head on my lap. I rest my legs up on the coffee table, then play with his hair. And holy shit! It's so fucking soft. I could do this forever.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

We were so focused on the climax of the movie, we didn't hear Maisey come down the stairs until she stands in front of us, clinging onto her pink baby blanket.

Jacob immediately gets his head off my lap and sits up straight.

"Can you guys be quiet? I'm trying to sleep and all I hear is loud thudding, Peyton screaming, and Jacob you're annoying laugh. Be quiet!" Jacob leans over and whispers in my ear "She's bossy when she's tired."

I get up from my comfortable position on the couch and walk over to Maisey. "Let's get you back to bed."

Once we're up in her bedroom she looks at me sleepily. "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but I think Jacob has a crush on you. He's always talking about how beautiful you are," She yawned. "And how good you are to me and how you're a good swimmer and you're overall a good person." Where the hell did she learn the word overall? Maybe she's saying this word for word. "Good night Peyton." I kiss her forehead and push back a few loose strands of hair. "Good night, Jelly."

/\/\/\/\

The movie is over and I'm about to fall asleep on Jacob's lap. "Come on, let's go to bed." He tucks my hair behind my ear and I don't open my eyes. I just grumble and he slides out from under me. "Let's go." He scoops me up off the couch and carries me up the stairs bridal style. He gently sets me down on his queen-sized bed. He pulls the covers up to my chin and he turns off the lamp. "I'll be on the couch if you need anything. Good night, Peyton." He rests his head on mine before going to walk out the door. 

"You can sleep in here if you want." I can barely speak. I wonder if he heard me, but he must've because he turned around. "You sure?" I nod my head. I'm not sure if he saw it or not, but it's fine if he didn't. 

"Uhm okay." He closes the door and climbs into bed with me. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. God, he's so warm. And muscular...

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

~/\~ Trigger Warning ~/\~

*Door slams*

"God, why do you have to start right now?" A woman says in a raised voice.

"Oh, what did I do to piss you off this time?" A man grumbles.

"You got us kicked out of our own restaurant because you smacked our waitress's ass. And apparently, this isn't the first time you pulled a stunt like this. What did you want me to do? Just sit there and cheer you on? I most certainly will not."

"Can we just talk about this in the morning? We're going to wake up the kids. Well, we aren't. You, are going to wake the kids up."

"Shut the hell up!" There's a loud slap. 

"Get your hands off me, you bastard!" The woman screams, causing the man to scoff. The sound of glass breaking rattles the house and then there's silence for a short period.

Jacob's grip on me tightens and I can hear his breathing pick up.

"You act like you're all innocent when you're a slut in reality!" I wiggle out of Jacob's grasp and walk out of his room. No man should call a woman a slut. I run down the stairs to see a woman on the floor with a bloody face and a man with an empty beer bottle in front of her just swinging it at her aimlessly. 

Jacob comes up behind me and uses one hand to cover my eyes and the other to hold my waist.

"Stop it, now! I'm tired of the constant shit! Frank, put the bottle down and quit yelling at my mother. Peyton, please go back to bed." He uncovers my eyes and I turn towards the stairs and Maisey is sleepily walking down the stairs, shaking in fear. Holding her pink blanket again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was not what I had planned on writing and if this triggered anyone, I'm sorry.

lmk if this chapter has any typos and if the length is okay. thanks!

~Lia

Question of the chapter: Favorite Caprisun flavor?