~22~ Unplanned Pool Party

Two hours later, I'm still baffled at what Jacob said when I commented on his lack of knocking.

/\/\/\/\

"Peyton, can we go swimming?" Maisey begs. I almost say no, but she gives me an irresistible pouty face. "Fine." She jumps in the air and runs out of my room to hopefully, put on her bathing suit.

After I put on a bikini I don't care too much about, and a cover-up, I walk into the guest room where Maisey is staying and it is a literalization of disaster. "What. Happened." I ask sternly. She runs out of the room and down the stairs and straight to the French doors in the back of the house that leads to the pool.

Without any warning, she jumps right into the pool. In the deep end (5 feet). With no floaties. 

She starts struggling to stay above the surface and she's screaming for help. I rip off my cover-up and I run into the pool after her. I scoop her up into my arms and swim to the ladder. I set her on the top step and pat her back to help her cough up the water. 

I hear clapping come from behind me and everyone is behind me. Jacob, Ace, Kristian, Mike, Lauren, Marley, and my mom. "She has some pretty great trainers." Jacob chuckles and elbows Ace's side.

"What are you guys doing here?" I continue to get out of the water and I bring Maisey with me, holding her close to my body.

"I live here." My mom says, walking back into the house.

"Unplanned pool party?" Ace shrugs. 

Kristian runs right past me and jumps into the swimming pool. "I guess so." Everyone else follows Kristian's actions while I go in the house to grab Maisey's floaties.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Can I get anyone a drink?" Mike offers while getting out of the pool, and walking to the tiki bar

"I'll take a pina colada slush with a double shot of vodka," Marley says, floating on a raft with her sunglasses on.

"Same!" Everyone, but Lauren says in unison. 

"I'll have a glass of white wine," Lauren says, swimming closer to me.

"Okay, so seven pina coladas?" Mike double-checks.

"No, six Pina Coladas, I want a glass of wine." Lauren whines in my ear.

"Okay, mom." I receive a glare from Lauren and everyone else chuckles.

"Whatever, I'll take the pina colada"

Peyton returns a few minutes later with Maisey and we all crowd around her.

Jacob takes Maisey from Peyton's grasp and he holds her close to him as he treads through the water to the shallow end and Peyton slides into the pool. She brushes past me and stands by her friends. 

Kristian goes over to Marely and flips over the raft causing her sunglasses to fall to the bottom of the pool and her perfect soft curls to be drenched. She comes up from the water with a shriek and she slaps Kristian's shoulder as she chases him around the pool. 

Jacob comes back and puts his arm around Peyton. I look to the shallow end and Mrs. Grace is in the pool with Maisey. 

When did she get over there?

Didn't Peyton say nothing is going on between her and Jacob? 

I mean she kissed me.

"Hey, Ace, you alright?" Mike asks, sliding a drink into my hand.

"Yeah, why?"

"You zoned out again." Oh.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just thinking about certain things I still have to train Peyton on." Like staying true to her word.

"Oh okay. I'm going to be the bartender tonight so if you decide to get wasted and blabber your feelings to me, you'll know where to find me." He points to the tiki bar and swims off with more drinks to deliver.

"Dude!" Kristian grabs onto my shoulders, causing me to jump. "Did you see how pissed off Marley was when I flipped her over!" 

"I'm still pissed!" She calls from the other side of the pool.

This is going to be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may be wrong, but someone sounds jealous.

lmk ab typos and the length. thanks!

~lia

Question of the chapter: Favorite cheese?