~23~ Jealousy

Eventually, Peyton detaches herself from Jacob and her friends and swims over to me. Finally, she acknowledges my existence tonight.

"Hey."

"Hi." I give her a small smile, which she kindly returns.

"You seem very deep in thought. Everything okay?" 

A strand of hair falls in her face, temptation gets the best of me, and I push it away, causing her to come closer to me. Her lips are centimeters from mine and I can hear her ragged breathing.

"It is now." I lean in and softly kiss her lips. I pull back from her and another piece of hair falls on her face, and I once again push it away.

Her cheeks are a deep crimson color and she has a smile plastered on her face.

"I'm not going to be able to make it to training tomorrow, so maybe Jacob can fill my spot. If not, we can just catch up on Wednesday."

"I'll have to talk to Jacob about it." She leans in closer, resting her head on my chest and I run my fingers through her damp hair. She wraps her arms around my neck and we sway back and forth in the pool. I look to the other side of the pool and Jacob is glaring at me while Mike and Kristian are trying to get his attention.

I lean down and whisper in Peyton's ear, "I think someone's mad at us." She slowly removes herself from my bare chest and looks in Jacob's direction.

She looks back at me and grabs the sides of my neck and pulls my face closer. "It's okay, he deserves to be jealous." She whispers against my lips, then quickly attaches her lips to mine. I wrap my arms around her waist and I bring her closer. Our small kiss leads to a heated make-out and I can hear everyone cheering us on. She pulls away and looks back over at Jacob who looks like he's going to beat my ass.

"What did Jacob do to piss you off?"

"Oh, he just made a stupid joke."

"Did he offend you?"

"No, it was funny, but I feel like this is a great way to make him upset."

Wait a minute.

"Are you just using me to make him jealous?"

"No, of course not," I get out of the pool and walk away from her ignoring her begging me to listen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

woww this is a short chapter!

ace seems a little upset with peyton. i wonder why.

lmk ab typos and i already know the length is too short. thanks!

~lia.

Question of the chapter: Iced or warm coffee?