~36~ Giggles

Maisey and I decide to visit Ace and Peyton since it's quiet hour for them and we're bored out of our minds. Our mom went back to work finally and Peyton's mom has been away on vacation with a few of her friends. 

Making Tiktoks only keeps you entertained for a short period of time.

It took 25 minutes to get Maisey and me dressed. 

Peyton's mom bought Maisey and I new clothes a couple of days ago and she's having trouble choosing what to wear.

"Maisey, can you please choose an outfit already?"

"Can you get over your crush on Peyton?" That little bitch knows how to shut me up.

She giggles at me, knowing she's defeated me once more.

/\/\/\

The uber finally arrived to pick us up and I'm pretty sure Maisey was more excited about seeing where Peyton worked than actually seeing Peyton.

"Where does she work again?" She grips the windowsill and watches the cars pass. 

"In a coffee shop with Ace." I pick her up and seat her next to me and I buckle her up.

"Can I have coffee?"

"Maybe."

"But I want coffee."

"Have you even had coffee before?"

She went silent.

Ha! I finally got her. 2 against 1!

"Actually," Damn it. "Silver gave me some because I told her I was allowed to have some." 1-1.

"Sylvia."

"I call her Silver."

The Uber driver gives me a small smirk in the rearview mirror and I return it. "Your daughter looks just like you." I chuckle and shake my head no. "She's my sister." The driver lets out a silent 'oh' and continues driving us to our destination.

/\/\

When we open the door, the bell chimes, and Ace and Peyton turn towards the door with smiles plastered on their faces, excited customers have finally come in and their smiles expand when they see it's us.

"Jelly!" Peyton squeals and Maisey runs into Peyton's arms. 

I walk over to the counter and Ace takes my order after giving me a small handshake. "It's good to see her up and moving again." He whispers.

"I know, I was worried about her, but she seems to be recovering quickly."

"It's fantastic."

"It really, truly is." I play with the prewrapped straws while I wait for my drink. I peek around the corner to see Peyton and Maisey sitting at a table, stuffing their faces with cake.

"Are you filling her up with sugar? May I remind you, you're babysitting her tonight." They both shrug their shoulders and continue devouring the cake.

/\/\/\

10 minutes later, we're all sharing a table and drinking warm beverages and they're making fun of the uber driver who mistakenly called my sister my daughter. 

"I understand that you guys look alike, but you look just a little too young to have kids, don't you think?" Peyton laughs pointing her fork at me.

"Shut up."

"Make me."

Maisey stops bouncing in her chair, Ace holds up his fork to his lips, not daring to move and Peyton has her right eyebrow raised with a smug smirk on her face.

I lean in and peck her lips and Maisey cheers beside us. She slides out of her seat and onto Peyton's lap and squeezes her cheeks. "I knew my brother liked you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it is so obvious that this is a fill-in chapter.

i almost fell asleep twice while editing this chapter. school has kicked my ass and i've only been in school for 3 weeks and i've had two tests and three quizzes.

lmk ab typos and the length. thanks!

~lia

Question of the chapter: Which has better perfumes/ body mists: Bath & Body Works or Victoria's Secret?