~46~ Chalk Board

After the teenage girl incident, the girls haven't stepped foot in the shop again. I'll occasionally see them lurking outside the shop, probably looking for other workers.

Little do they know Ace and I are the only ones.

Sucks for them.

"Hey, you'll never believe what just got shipped to us!" Ace calls from the kitchen, humor in his voice.

"Kim Kardashian's surgeon."

"What no. The pumpkin spice flavoring!" Ace comes out from the kitchen and he brings me the box full of pumpkin spice packets.

"Oh, lovely."

"Isn't though."

I roll my eyes in annoyance as I grab the large whiteboard from behind the trash can.

"I moved the chalk markers to the kitchen because I didn't want people to see our secret stash."

"Are you sure it's not because you made me draw a heart on your wrist while you prepared the icing." He makes a shushing sound and holds his finger up to his lips.

"Shhh, we don't speak of the moment out in public." I shrug my shoulders and bush past him to retrieve the markers from the stuffy kitchen

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

It was a bad idea to put the pumpkin spice sign outside. A very, very bad idea.

You'll never guess who came waltzing in asking for pumpkin spice lattes. The three snotty teenage girls. The whole time they ordered, they avoided eye contact and were very quiet. So quiet to the point where I had to ask them to speak up four times each.

/\/\

"Three pumpkin spice lattes with one pump espresso and two sugars?" Ace asks calmly, even though we knew damn well who those drinks belonged to.

The three girls walked up to the counter beaming. I've seen people be excited for pumpkin spice, but this is a different level of excitement. "Thank you so much!" The quirky black haired girl exclaims.  "Yea yea." Ace says, brushing them off. You'd think they'd leave or go sit down, but no. They don't do that. They stay standing at the counter staring at Ace.

"You look familiar." One girl says flatly.

"I was here last time you were here."

"No we know you from somewhere else." The other girl chirps.

"Omg you're Ace Akers!"

Finally someone recognized him. I'm sure Ace's ego just grew. 

"I don't know who that is."

"Yes you do! You're him. Look!" The girl starts to pull out her phone, but I interrupt her because a line is starting to form behind these girls who are done ordering and have already received their drinks.

"Listen, I'm glad you think my coworker is your Tiktok crush, but you can gush over him later. We have customers to tend to and we don't have time for this. I'm sorry." The girls nod their heads and walk out the door. That was almost too easy...

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

It's finally quiet hour and Ace is laying down across a few tables pushed together when the bell rings and he scrambles off the table as if he wasn't dreaming about receiving head from Lauren.

The whole group comes walking in including Maisey.

"Oh my gosh guys! What are you doing here?" I walk around the counter to greet everybody and Jacob scrambles from the friend group and greets me with a side hug, but his arm lingering on my waist.

"Well, if you checked the group chat, you'd see that we all complained about us not hanging out so we wanted to and since everyone was free we decided to come visit you." Marley explains, hugging Kristian's arm.

"I was about to check my phone."

Mike rolls his eyes at me. "No sense in doing it now since we're all here." 

"Damn, what's got you in a foul mood?"

"There's a stick up his ass." Kristian calls, grabbing a doughnut from the display case.

"Watch your language. Maisey is here."

"Oh please, she hears it all the time I mean Jacob is literally her brother."

"Mph true."

"Ace and Peyton say you're not allowed back there." Maisey cuts in.

"Yeah! What Maisey said!" Ace lazily calls while crawling back onto the table to continue his nap.

Kristian just ignores both of them and continues stealing our doughnuts. 

"You're gonna pay for those."

"I set a 50 on the counter."

"Bro?"

"Why is Ace sleeping on the tables?" Kristian asks with a mouthful of double chocolate mini doughnuts. 

Ace rolls over and flicks Kristian off with a devious smirk on his face.

"Hey guys, how about we meet at my house tonight. My shift ends early." I suggest while wiping down a table in the corner of the shop.

"Sure, why not."

"As long as Mike is serving the drinks."

"Oh come on!" Mike groans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter sucks ass.

Did you know professional cuddlers are a thing!??!!?!?!?!?

Hope you enjoyed <3

~lia

Falling For My TrainersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara