~31~ Love & TikToks

A/N: Play the song when you see the bold letters that say "Play the song." Anyways, continue reading :)

I saw it. I saw the light. I stood right in front of the bright dot, but I couldn't leave. Jacob just told me he loved me too. I ran from the light, but it kept getting closer, but suddenly the light slowly started to disappear and all I hear is Jacob faintly whisper something about being sorry. I'm too tired from running. I need a nap.

I sit up and gasp for air and hold my chest. My body is vibrating with nerves and my heart feels like it's going a thousand miles per hour. Everything is white. The walls, ceiling, table, bed, and bed sheets. Monitors are beeping and it smells like a multi-surface cleaner and chemicals. I must be in the hospital. There's a little bit of pressure on my left hand and Jacob has his hand on top of mine and his head is resting on his hand. He's sleeping peacefully and I take a mental photo of how cute he looks when he's at peace.

I go to ruffle his hair to wake him up and my ribcage hurts immensely. It feels like I'm being stabbed by tons of needles and it feels like someone carved open my chest, personally snapped every one of my ribs, and closed my chest without fixing the bones. I go to reach for Jacob's hair again, but pain shoots throughout the left side of my chest and I yelp, jolting Jacob awake.

He stares at me for a second before his eyes go wide and he looks extremely happy but also lost for words. "So, why are you sorry?" I ask, my voice is very raspy and my throat is sore. "Because I couldn't help you. I tried and when I did try, I broke your ribs."

"You jerk, that's why my chest hurts!" I exclaim, coughing lightly.

"I seriously didn't think you'd wake up. I was so scared and I couldn't even be awake for when we got transported to the hospital."

"You fell asleep while trying to save me? Damn, you sure are a great lifeguard."

"No, I had a panic attack." Oh. "I started out doing CPR and then I started overthinking, then I panicked and I got too weak to do CPR so I started pounding on your chest until I lost consciousness since CPR wears you out in general and I was already having trouble breathing."

He looks awful and I just made fun of him. I scootch over, even though I'm in immense pain, and I signal for him to lay next to me and he doesn't hesitate. He lays beside me and he runs his fingers through my hair while I rest my head on his chest. "I'm sorry for scaring you," I whisper, my eyelids feeling heavy. "Oh shut up. It's not your fault. Love makes your body do crazy things." I feel him take a deep breath and I try not to let him know that hurt me, but I suck in a deep breath through gritted teeth. "Did I hurt you?" "No." He simply nods and I observe the room. Whoever made hospitals must've made it a rule that you can't have any color in here. Literally, everything is white. I don't think I have my phone with me, so I look up at the ceiling hoping it'll be a good enough distraction. I wish my mom was here to talk to me, but I'm sure visiting hours are over. 

Wait a minute.

"When do visiting hours end?"

"At four, why?"

"What time is it now?"

"Six."

"Then how the hell are you here?"

"One, it's a conjoined room. Two, I'm also a patient."

I look down at his hospital gown and I let out a silent 'oh'. He stopped playing with my hair and he's now drawing shapes on my stomach. "Ace is training someone else for the summer and once you recover and return to the coffee shop, Ace is quitting." I nod my head before burying it deep into Jacob's neck. "I'm cold," I whisper, hoping he can hear me, although I'm pretty sure my voice sounded muffled. "Did you say you were cold?" I nod my head again and he wraps his arm around my shoulder, gently bringing me to his side he pulls the blanket up to my chin and kisses my forehead. "Better?" I nod my head once again and I try to fall asleep. As I drift off, I think about what's going to happen since I'm going to be missing a bit of work. What if I get fired? Hang on, speaking of work,  Jacob is a Tiktoker and I haven't seen him film a Tiktok in days.