~39~ Jelly

Today is really inconvenient for me. I have to watch Maisey, go to work and have training. I shouldn't even be here right now. Ace should be here, but no. He has a cold. A fucking cold! So this imbecile doesn't show up to fucking work.

Right now, I'm currently behind the counter, with Jelly, trying to make a coffee for a teenage boy, and Maisey, poor, sweet, Maisey is trying to talk to him and he's not giving her attention because all he wants is his damn coffee. "I'm so sorry."

"All good, is she your daughter?" His friend slaps him, aggressively, on the arm. "Dude! Don't ask her that! That's rude." "How the hell is that rude?"

"Actually, no. I'm just babysitting her and my other co-worker isn't here today so I had to come in and bring her with me." The non-attention-giving-teenager looks at his friend and chuckles. "Told you it wasn't rude." He gives me a ten dollar bill and walks out the shop, still arguing with his friend about him being rude or not. His coffee was only $6.95 and I didn't think it was rude, but maybe that's because she's not actually my daughter.

"Excuse me ma'am, your daughter just put her finger in my coffee." I look over and see Jacob smiling cheekily at me. "She's not my fucking daughter and she's right," I look down and expect her to be beside me, but she's not. She's sitting at a booth, next to Gary and Mary talking to them. "Oh, she's right there, huh? Cause it looks to me like she's talking to that couple from the beach who assumed we were dating."

"Gary and Mary?"

"Of course you know their fucking names."

Before I argue with Jacob some more, Mary walks over to me, Maisey clinging on to her hip and she smile brightly at the sight of Jacob and I. "Your daughter is adorable." She hands Maisey back to me and she turns her attention to my boyfriend. Ah, it feels good to call him my boyfriend. Boyfriend boyfriend boyfriend boyfriend. "My husband and I came in a couple weeks ago and we thought you worked here too, but unfortunately you don't, but it's so nice to see you again." She smiles warmly at him and she returns to her husband who is reading the paper. Jacob turns his gaze over to me, baffled and lost for words.

"Oh so you guys are just like hella chill now, huh?"

I don't respond to him and I roll my eyes, throwing the cloth at his face before refilling a customers cup of coffee and checking on other clients.

/\/\/\/\/\

Quiet hour has finally arrived and my mom stopped by to pick up Maisey. Thank god because I would not have been able to handle her any longer. As much as I love her, it's too much work trying to take care of a five year old and work at a coffee shop.

As I'm wiping down tables, Jacob comes up behind me and picks me up by the waist and twirls me around, causing me to release a fit of laughter.

"Jacob! Put me down!"

"Not until you give me attention."

"I have to work!"

"There are no people around."

"Fine." He gently sets me down and I run to the tables in the back of the shop and hide beneath the tabletop. 

"Hah! You fell for it!" I tease, crouching uncomfortably under the table.

"You're so mean. If I help you wipe down the tables, will you finally give me kisses?" He walks over to the table I'm hiding under and moves it out of the way and pulls me into his warm arms. "There's only one left."

"Perfect." He softly kisses my forehead before releasing me to finish wiping down the table, which had a ton of coffee spills on it, from Maisey's doing.

"You're done! You're finished! Come here! I'm kiss deprived." Sometimes I wonder if I'm even dating an adult because sometimes (most of the time) he acts like an arrogant child. 

I try to ignore him, but the more I ignore him, the louder he gets and I'm afraid the business next to me will hear his pleading. "Please come kiss-" I shut him up with an aggressive kiss on the lips before giving him tiny kisses all around his face.

"That tickles!"

"You sound just like Jelly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

they cute or whateva 😒

i felt like being extra generous and decided to post another chapter :)

lmk ab typos and the length. thanks!

~lia

Question of the chapter: Timothee Chalamet or Tom Holland?