~61~Guests

*u n e d i t e d *
Everyone is finally here. Before we sit down to eat, my mom wanted to open the votes to see if I was having a boy or girl, which makes no sense because we are going to vote, then eat, then actually find out the gender.

If you couldn't tell, I'm having a gender reveal and a baby shower in one party. My mom felt that we should do everything together so we don't have to call out family twice in less than a year for practically the same event.

At this point, we might as well have the baby.

While walking to my seat, I passed by Kristian who was talking to Jacob and I decided to crash their hushed conversation. 

"What are you guys talking about?"

"I'm just making fun of Jacob for getting you pregnant first try."

Jacob's face turns pink and I'm laughing uncontrollably.

"Who says this was the first try!" Jacob tries to defend himself, but I just end up laughing harder.

Before we go into too much detail and potentially embarrass ourselves, I step away from the conversation and continue my journey back to my seat.

Right as I go to sit down, I feel the baby do some weird flip that practically rearranged my insides, and then pain just shoots through my stomach, but before I react, it's gone.

I must've paused for a really long time because Jacob comes up to me and asked if I'm okay.

 "What happened? What's wrong?" I think I'm okay...

"I'm fine, I was just remembering that embarrassing conversation from earlier." He suspiciously nods his head and takes a seat next to me.

/\/\/\/\

My mom is halfway through the votes when the pain happens again. I try to get my mom's attention, but she's too busy trying to guess the gender of her grandbaby.

When she finishes announcing and passing back papers, she dismisses the guests to the kitchen to eat and she follows. It's just Jacob and I left in the guest living room. "Jacob..."

Jacob's eyes slowly widen and fear crosses his face. "What..." He whispers.

"Where's my mom." Both of us sit silently in fear. Me fearful because I have no clue what's going on with the tiny human. Jacob is scared because he has no clue what's going on at all.

"Jacob. I need my mom." He gets up so fast that his chair falls to the ground.

He runs to the kitchen and I can hear him screaming for my mom. Thankfully, he finds her and they're both practically running into the living room. My mom runs to my side and Jacob stands in the doorway nervous as hell, which is making me nervous, causing me to start gasping for air.

"Honey, it's okay. I'm here. Just tell me what's wrong." She grabs my hand.

Jacobs runs his hands down his face but keeps his eyes on me the whole time.

"The-the baby did some weird flip type thing and then all of a sudden it just started hurting around here," I take her hand and run it across the lower part of my stomach. "Is that normal or do I need to go to the hospital?"

My mom lets out a sigh of relief while Jacob and I look as pale as ever. "Honey, I think those are just Braxton hicks."

"Braxton what?" Jacob asks, color restoring to his face.

"Braxton hicks. It's just false labor. When I was pregnant with Peyton, my doctor told me how to tell the difference between a real contraction and a Braxton hick. They're similar, but the pain is more spread out when it's a real contraction." Mom to the rescue.