~12~ Marble

I walk into Ace's house and it is HUGE. He even has a spiral staircase.

"You can explore if you'd like. Oh, by the way, I have a dog so I hope you're not allergic." I love dogs!

Almost as if the dog knew we were talking about her, a beautiful white and tan Cavalier King Charles Cocker Spaniel came around the corner and ran to me.

I get on my knees and pet the dog and she gives me kisses.

"Her name is lady." 

"Oh my gosh, she's so cute! How old is she?"

"She'll be three next month." He says smiling as he thinks of all the memories with her.

"How precious." I scoop her up into my arms and we walk around the house together while Ace gets himself together.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I'm standing in a room and everything is made out of marble. The walls, the floors, the side table, the fireplace. Everything. It's gorgeous and just screams money.

"I just got this room redone. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't think I come in here enough to have a chance to like it."

I turn to him and smile.

"Want a house tour?" He comes closer to me and holds out his hand. I gently place Lady on the marble flooring and I take Ace's hand.

He guides me through the house and I can't help but wonder, where his parents were and why he hasn't brought them up.

"Do your parents not like taking pictures? I haven't seen any family portraits."

"Oh no, they love having their pictures taken, but they haven't been home in two years so I figured if they don't want me in their life, why pretend like we're one big happy family?" His smile wavers and his eyes well up.

"Maybe they're-"

"I know they're alive because someone has to be paying the house payment because I haven't seen a single bill and the house miraculously is still functioning. And I'll see the occasional news article about them."

My lips form an 'o' shape, but nothing comes out.

He sniffles and continues to show me the rest of the house.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"So, that's my house." He brings me back to the front door.

"Thank you for showing me your house. It's breathtaking." I give him a small smile and we walk out the door.

He locks it behind us and runs to the car.

He puts his seatbelt on and stares at me realizing I haven't put my seatbelt on and the car isn't started.

"Are we gonna leave or what?" He leans over and grabs my seatbelt and buckles me up. 

I feel my cheeks heat up and I start the car and start backing out of the enormous driveway.

"Just thought I'd let you know that I have to do double training today because I skipped yesterday." I pull out onto the main road and speed towards the beach.

"I know, Jacob told me." 

That bitch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, this is the dog Ace has. This is my favorite dog EVER!

lmk if there are any typos and if the length is okay

lmk if there are any typos and if the length is okay. Thanks!

~Lia

Question of the chapter: Favorite dog breed?