~50~ Wha-

I unlock the door and it swings open revealing Frank.

"Frank? What the hell are you doing here?" He looks right past me to see if Maisey is in her bed.

I snap at his face trying to draw his attention back to me. "Frank! What the hell are you doing back?"

"Where's Maisey and what are you doing in her room?"

"Answer my question first and then I'll consider answering yours."

Frank lunges at me, grabbing the collar of my t-shirt and slamming me against the wall causing it to rattle. "You little bitch. You can't fucking control me and tell me what I can or can't do."

"Same goes for me," I reply, which wasn't a good idea because that earned me a hard slap to the face.

Frank's back was turned to the closet and Peyton took note of that. She slowly and quietly opened the closet door and tiptoed out into the hallway and she turned left. Going towards my mom's room. I hope she's getting help.

"Frank just fucking tell me why you're here!" He pulls me back from the wall and I thought he was calming down and was willing to explain, but I sure as hell was wrong. His grip on my collar tightened and he practically threw me against the wall. The pink ballerina poster that was framed and hanging on the wall, fell to the ground and shattered.

The back of my skull feels like it was shattered into a thousand pieces and my ears are ringing like a dozen church bells. My left shoulder is throbbing and my spine might as well be broken. Or at least that's what it feels like. My face doesn't tingle anymore because the rest of my body is in pain.

I slowly open my eyes and try to look out into the hall, but Frank moves closer to me, blocking my view. "Nice try, but no one is coming to save you this time." One kick to the gut. I try to tuck myself away into a little ball to ease the pain, but before I could curl up I'm kicked in the shin, then the gut again. 

I'm about to pass out from the pain when I hear my mother's voice.

"Frank. I let you come here to collect your shit. What the fuck are you still doing here?" Frank turns around and starts walking away and my mom looks back at me. "Peyton is going to help you. I'm going to make sure he actually leaves this time." I weakly nod and she turns around quickly and runs after the cruel man.

Peyton rushes in without Maisey in her arms. She must've seen my confused face because she assured me she was safe in a guest bedroom.

She helps me sit up against the wall and she softly runs her hand down the left side of my face and her eyes swell with tears. She leans her head against mine and I close my eyes and breathe in deeply. I always feel safe in her presence.

Eventually, she pulls away and helps get me to my feet and she wraps her arm around my waist and helps me to the bathroom.

She has me sit on the toilet seat while she cleans the cut on my face and she checks the rest of the 'wounds'. 

"Take off your hoodie." She whispers as she pours a liquid onto a cotton ball. What the hell is that stuff?

I do as she says though and I pull the hoodie over my head and not going to lie, that shit hurt a little bit.

As soon as the hoodie is discarded onto the floor, she walks over to me, standing in between my legs, and even though I'm sitting down, I'm just a little bit taller than she is.

She starts to slowly dab at my cut with the cotton ball and whatever she poured on there stings. I try to pull my face back, but it doesn't help. It still fucking burns. She sets down the first cotton ball and grabs another that I'm assuming has the same substance on it. When she sees the fear in my eyes she sets it down.

"Squeeze my hips if it burns." She places my hands right where her hips start and she grabs the cotton ball again. She starts to pat at it again and it hurts like a fucking bitch. My grip on her hips tightens; before I know it, she's done.

She turns and cleans up the mess and washes her hands and she starts to walk out of the bathroom, but I call her back to me. 

"Peyton?" I barely speak out. 

She turns and walks back over to me. "Yes, love?"

I feel too weak to talk so I hold my arms out and she steps closer so I can hold her against me. I rest my head against her chest and I can hear her calm heartbeat and her soft breaths. She slowly combs her fingers through my hair and holy shit. This isn't my home. Peyton is my home. She is where I feel safe. She makes me feel happy and warm. I have so many memories with her.

I didn't realize I was crying until Peyton pulled away and started wiping my tears with her thumb. "What's wrong?"

"I just-I just realized how much I  truly love you and how much you mean to me." She smiles sweetly at me and kisses me. It wasn't rough or dominant, it was soft and light. I kissed her back with the same amount of sweetness and we kissed in the bathroom for what felt like forever until my mom came into the bathroom.

"Frank is gone and- oh! I'm sorry!" She walks right back out, shutting the door behind her. I chuckle a little bit and I wrapped my arms loosely around Peyton's waist. She started to examine my left shoulder.

Bruises were starting to form on my chest, stomach, and back, other than that I should be fine.

After Peyton made sure I was fine, we said goodnight to my mother and Maisey and then we left to go back our home. 

Peyton is my home.

But her family home is our home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only a few more chapters left :(

But..... don't worry I will be writing a new story and eventually I might write one about Kristian and Marley!

comment, vote, share, or don't idc.

~lia