~48~ You Can't Scare Us Like That

Lauren, Ace, Peyton, and I fall into a small conversation and we were starting to get into interesting topics when Kristian comes running over with Marley chasing him with a panicked look on her face. 

"Guys...." Kristian starts, worrying all of us.

"What?" Ace asks seriously while twirling his beer bottle.

"Marley's pregnant!"

"What!?" We all scream in unison. Peyton and Lauren jumped to their feet.

My heart started aggressively beating in my chest as I started to rise to my feet to congratulate the couple on the pregnancy, but Kristian and Marley both burst out laughing and mid-wheeze, Marley explains he was just kidding.

I huff and sit down with my arms crossed and Peyton sits back down on my lap. "It wasn't that funny."

Marley is still holding onto her knees trying to catch her breath. "You should have seen your faces! Jacob, you were so pale I thought you were gonna pass out!" Marley gasps. 

"You can't scare us like that!" Lauren calls, but I don't think anyone else heard her besides me because Marley is howling and everyone else is complaining about the stupid joke and how they'd gotten their hope up.

"Nah, but we do want to tell you guys that we're moving in together!" Marley FINALLY says after catching her breath. 

"Is that why Kristian's face was so serious?"

"Yeah, I didn't want to get our hopes up because last time they said we had a deal and it turns out some other family got it before us, but this time it's legit. We got the house!" Peyton and Lauren get up again to hug Marley and Ace and I get up and bro hug Kristian.

"Congrats man." Ace says squeezing his shoulder for the 10th time.

"You'll have to send the address in the group chat so we can come and check it out." 

"We already sent it out.

After some more conversing about Marley's idea for an open floor plan, Ace and Lauren go home because Lauren has to be at work early and Ace was her ride. Peyton and I decided to go to bed and Mike is spending the night. Why? We don't know but he is.

"Now I'm going to sleep. You two better not keep me up all night."

"No promises," I call out to him as we both walk into Peyton's bedroom.

Every time I walk in here it smells so good like perfume, but not too strong and her L.E.D. lights are always on purple. There's always a small pile of clothes in the corner next to her walk-in closet, which I assume are her dirty clothes. I'll occasionally see a lace bra hanging off her closet handle. 

Her bed is always made and her pillows smell like her shampoo and I'm not going to lie, but I have no clue how she finds any space to sleep because she has so many squish mallows. It's cute, but still. One of these nights she's going to roll over and her face is going to be so smooshed into her giraffe squish mallow, she's going to suffocate.

She grabs her TV remote off of her nightstand and turns the large screen on, but she quickly places the remote on her bed and she dives headfirst into her plushies before she comes up for oxygen and pushes them all off her bed except for her giraffe squish mallow.

"What do you want to watch?"

"Anything you want," I reply, copying Peyton's style of diving onto the bed except for this time, instead of jumping into a pile of squish mallows, my head lands on a pillow right next to Peyton's thigh and I wrap my arms around her waist.

She chuckles a little bit before grabbing the remote with her right hand and her left hand ruffling my hair. And when I tell you that shit felt so good.

I release my hold on her waist and I move my head so it's resting in between her legs. She quickly chooses a movie before setting down the remote and laying back, running her fingers through my long black hair. 

"Peyton?"

"Hm?"

"I love you."

I can practically hear her smile.

She leans down and peppers kisses across my forehead.

"I love you so much."

When she goes to lean back again, I can smell her perfume and holy shit it smelled so good. Oh my god.

Should I tell her she smells good or is that weird?

Nah, I'm going to say something.

"You smell good."

"Ha that was random," Aw shit. "But thank you."

Oh.

"You're welcome."

She starts giving my scalp a massage and I almost moan at how talented she is at giving head rubs. For Christmas, I'm getting her an award that says, "Best head massager". I have to remember to look that up later.

"Can you guess what we're watching?" She starts giving my head small rubs on the top of my head and I grab her left hand and pull it down on my chest and start kissing her knuckles.

"You're really good at giving head rubs."

"Thank you."

"No, thank you."

She chuckles a little bit before letting out a small gasp.

"What?"

"You didn't answer my question!"

"Oh, yeah. I think we're watching 365 days." I grin mischievously, but I don't think she saw.

"Absolutely not."

"Can I guess again?"

"Nothing dumb." Oh, it's about to be dumb.

"Fifty shades of grey."

"You're right."

"Really?"

"No. It's five feet apart."

I should've known. That's her favorite movie ever. Oh! I have another Christmas gift idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lemme know your thoughts.

I'm accepting chapter ideas/requests!

comment, vote, or don't idc.

btw i have the flu really bad so if something doesn't make sense, I'm sorry.

love ya!

~lia