~32~ Warmth & Peace

I came home from the hospital three days later and Jacob and my mom have been up my ass making sure I'm okay.

"Sweetie, I'm going to work now, call me if you need anything at all, and don't forget-" 

"Don't forget Jacob is here. Yeah, yeah, I know."

"We're just worried about you, that's all."

"You don't need to worry, mom."

She kisses my forehead and pushes back some of the stray hairs laying across my forehead. "I love you."

"Love you too."

As soon as my mom leaves my room, guess what pest barges into my room. "Hey, sexy."

"Jacob, I'm not in the mood."

"You were at the pool party." He winks at me.

This motherfucker, I swear.

"Not what I meant."

"Well, I'm bored so, I'm going to hang out in here." He throws himself onto my bed and I groan in annoyance. "You couldn't have scooted over at least?" I ask, sitting on top of him. "No can do." He continues to lay there while I uncomfortably shift around on his back. He eventually gets tired of my constant moving, so he rolls over to the other side of the bed, leaving room for me to comfortably lay down. 

"See, that wasn't so hard, now was it?"

"Yes."

"Man child."

He sets his phone in front of my face and it was open on the Tiktok he made of us in the hospital. It had over 4 million likes and the comments were either happy for us, sending me to get well wishes, asking what happened and who I was, or teenage fangirls being jealous that he has a 'girlfriend.' To be honest, I don't really know what Jacob and I are.  We act like a couple, but we've never physically said the words, "Hey you're my boyfriend/girlfriend." 

Jacob takes his phone out of my grasp and exits his profile. I go to reach for my book on my nightstand and I let out a huge gasp and slam my book down as pain shoots throughout my chest. I curl up in a ball and groan in pain as Jacob comfortingly rubs my back and tries to calm me down. "Can we cuddle?" I whisper out, slowly untucking my body. His muscular arms slither around my waist and my back rests against his warm body. I roll over so that I'm facing him and he gives me a small smile and kisses my forehead. Without thinking, I start asking about what we are.

"Jacob?" I draw shapes on his chest, trying to avoid his sweet gaze.

"Yes?"

"What are we?"

"Humans?" Of course he can't have a serious conversation.

"No, I mean us. You and me. What's going on between us. Are we like a thing?"

"Well, I think humans are considered things."

"Jacob, I swear to god, are we dating or not. Are you my boyfriend?"

"I don't know am I?" He connects his lips with mine. This isn't a forceful or rushed kiss, it was slow and sweet, but passionate.

He slowly pulls away with a smile. "I didn't catch your answer the first time, can you repeat yourself?" I say with a giggle and he kisses me again, but they're short and he places them all over my face and neck.

I scrunch my face and giggle. He's like a puppy. "Jacob!" He picks me up and gets out of bed, still kissing me all over my face. "Jacob! You're going to fall!" I barely breathe out. He stops kissing me and carries me down the stairs bridal style. He runs through the house with me and I squeeze my eyes shut, scared my head is going to hit a wall. 

I lightly feel a doorway brush against my hair and I try to tuck my head further into Jacob's chest, but it doesn't go very well because as I begin to bury myself, I'm being set down on a soft surface. I peek one eye open and I'm laying on the couch in the kitchen- yes we have a couch in the kitchen, don't ask- and Jacob is trying to pry me off of him. 

"You're safe from the walls. Just please let go so I can get us some food." I release my death grip from Jacob's neck and he runs to the stove.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

school started today and i literally wanna crawl in a hole and die. people are scary as helllllllll!!

lmk ab typos and the length. thanks!

~lia

Question of the chapter: dream job?