~57~ Tests

/\
 / \
/ _ \

Can we pause and appreciate this lopsided Christmas tree that I just built!?

But we aren't gonna take time to mention the fact that it took me 6 minutes to figure out how to make it.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"She's w-what?" I ask, my hands trembling.

"Can you check the tests again?" Peyton asks, tears brimming her eyes.

The doctor nods her head and leaves the room to go back to the lab, I'm assuming.

Peyton places her right hand on her stomach and squeezes her eyes shut. I grab her left hand and bring it to my lips and kiss her knuckles hoping it'll calm her nerves, but I'm pretty sure it did the opposite.

She sucks in a ragged breath and just starts sobbing. I squeeze her hand a little tighter and brush my thumb over her knuckles trying to calm her down, but it had no effect. 

Peyton pulls her knees to her chest and starts rocking herself back and forth whispering 'no' to herself over and over again.

"Peyton, love?" She just keeps rocking herself with tears streaming down her face and I pull myself up onto the bed beside her and she leans over, her head rests on my shoulder and she grabs a fist full of my shirt and starts sobbing harder.

I enclose her in my arms and run my fingers through her hair while giving her small kisses on the top of her head, whispering soothing words to her.

"It'll be okay." I cradle her close to me until her sobs turn into a few tears running down her face.

"Jacob. My mom is going to kill me!" She begins to sob again and I don't know what else to do other than kiss her and tell her everything is going to be okay.

It hurts to see her cry, but my parents always made me feel like I have to hide my feelings and told me I shouldn't cry around Maisey so feelings are unfamiliar to me. Especially in situations like this where I'm also panicked and I have to keep my sanity so that she doesn't lose her shit even more.

"She'll be understanding. I bet she'll be thrilled to have a grandchild. I mean look at how much your mom took care of Maisey. She treats her like she is her grandchild. Just imagine what she'll do when she does have a grandchild." She wipes her tears away and looks me in the eyes.

"You're right," She sniffles a bit and chuckles nervously. "Maybe I'm just overreacting. Maybe I'm not even pregnant. The tests could be wrong." I force out a smile.

"See. It'll be okay." I give her one last kiss on the forehead before climbing off the skinny bed and back into the chair which I did in perfect timing because the doctor walks back in with a stack of papers in her hand with a huge smile plastered on her face.

Oh lord...

"Congratulations," 

No.

No no no no no 

"The test came back positive. You're definitely pregnant. I even printed it out to show you." She hands Peyton the papers and her lip quivers as she cups the papers around her face. I watch her whole body shake as she breaks down into tears again.

Even though my heart is beating out of my chest and my heart dropped to my stomach, I still try to calm Peyton down first. She can't know that I'm freaking out this badly.

"I'll leave you two alone and we can discuss all the possible options." She walks out of the room with a sad smile and I pull the papers from Peyton's hold.