~10~ Huh?

When I wake up, two ibuprofen and a glass of water sit on my bedside table. When I pick up the water, there's a post-it note underneath.

"Figured you'd need this. I'll see you on Monday. Call me if you need anything." And then her number was underneath along with Peyton's name.

How thoughtful- wait. How did she know? Was she here?

I decided to call her to find out exactly what went down because I don't even remember coming home last night.

"Hello?" After four rings she picked up.

"Hey, Peyton, It's Jacob."

"Oh hey!" Her voice is more relaxed and she seems... happier?

"Hey, I was just uh calling to figure out what happened last night."

"Oh, your friends called me and told me you needed me to pick you up, but I couldn't so they found some girl named Lola to bring you home, but it never happened and the house caught on fire so the firefighters just brought you home and I was here babysitting Maisey so, I just helped put you to bed." Last night sounded like a movie.

"Wait, what?"

"I'm kidding, you drove home on your own, hella drunk, and I almost bashed your skull open with my water bottle. And I had to escort you to bed." She extends the 'd' on end and it sounds like she's recalling an event from last night that she'd rather not remember.

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry if I said anything wrong or did something. I truly didn't mean it."

"It's fine. It just took me by surprise." What did I do?

"Oh no. What happened. What did I do?"

"All you did was ask me to sleep with you because you're scared of sleeping alone." What does she mean that's all I did. She's my sister's babysitter and my trainee.

"Uhm-"

"I know it's still kind of bad, but I'm sure you were thinking you did something way worse. Anyways I have to go. Bye."

And just like that, she hung up without me explaining anything. Did I do something wrong?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is suuuuper short. Like 300-400 words shorter. I just didn't have any motivation write it.

Lmk if there are any typos. Thanks!

~Lia

Question of the chapter: Starbucks or Dunkin?