~25~ Here Comes Monday!

I roll over in my bed and I bump into a hard chest. I look up and it's Jacob.

What the hell is he doing in my bed?

"Before you get mad, let me explain." He starts, but I don't let him finish. I wrap my arms around his waist and he does the same to me, pulling me closer to his warm body. "Explain." I nuzzle into his chest and he chuckles a little bit. I hear his heart rate pick up and his breathing speed up.

"I came to wake you up for training, but you looked peaceful so I decided to join you, but uhm I didn't mean," I cut him off by gently slapping his chest. "Shut up dummy. You're welcome anytime." I can practically hear him smile.

"Thank you. We should really be getting up so we can start training before I go to pick up my mom." He lets go of me and sits up a little bit. "Is your mom going to be okay with going home? If not, she is welcome to stay here. I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind hanging out with someone her age and we have plenty more guest rooms so if you want to invite some of your extended family too, feel free to do so." 

"Peyton, respectfully, shut the fuck up. I'll have to ask when I pick her up. She'll probably feel safer here, but she'd also feel like a burden if she invaded your family."

"Well, I think my mom would enjoy some company and I'm sure she'd love to see her kids and if she knew they were staying here," I get out of bed and rummage through my closet until I find my trainee bathing suit and cover-up. "Then I'm sure she'd love to stay here."

"Great explanation. I'll let you get dressed." He slides out of my bed and walks out of my bedroom, accidentally slamming the door behind him.

If my mom were home right now, she'd blame me for it and scold the shit out of me.

/\/\/\/\/\

"By the end of the summer, my bag is going to be full of sand and my calves are going to be hella defined." I grip my bag as I climb up the small sand hill.

"They already are." I turn around and look down at my calves and I instantly realize what a mistake that was. My foot went right through a small sandpit and I fall backward. Jacob makes an effort to catch me, but I slip through his hands and onto the sandy ground.

"Were they?" I stand up and attempt to shake the sand out of my hair. "Yes." Jacob hands me my bag and we continue our excessively long hike to the opposite side of the beach.

Happy fucking Monday to me.

/\

I hate what today's training lesson is. It's valuable to the training obviously, but I've done it like six times in the past two weeks.

"I'm sure you know how this already works, but in case you don't, I'm going to take this dummy out past the shore, just to the point where you can hardly touch, "He holds up the dummy and shakes it around a little bit. "Then, when I blow the whistle, you're going to swim out there and rescue this drowning citizen." I pull off my cover-up and pull my hair into a messy bun. 

"Got it. What happens if I drown instead?" 

"I loved getting to know you and I'm sure the sharks will enjoy you." He smiles before running into the water with the plastic, life-sized doll.

He returns moments later and holds the whistle to his mouth. "Ready?" I open my mouth to respond, but I don't have a chance to. "Well, neither me nor the dummy gives a fuck." And he blows the whistle. I run into the water with my rescue buoy and swim to the dummy which is being thrown around by the waves. Saltwater stings my eyes, but I blink past it and swim faster to the dummy.

I grab the doll and place it on top of my buoy and swim back to Jacob with the same amount of speed. I return and Jacob holds a hand to his heart like a sympathetic mother. "I'm so proud of you sweetie. You didn't drown." I throw the doll at his chest. "Shut up." 

"That's no way to talk to your mother." I ignore him and wrap my hair in a towel which is yanked off my head the second I have it wrapped around my head. "Bitch." I mumble while reaching for the towel. 

"Oh, do you want this?" Jacob holds it just above my head and I can reach it, but as I lift my arm he puts it behind his back and my arms instinctively follow and I stumble a bit. Before I have a chance to grab it, he holds it above my head again and I reach for it, only for him to raise it above his head. "Wait, you still want this?" When I reach for it, he pulls it back down and pretends to inspect it. "This is a nice shade of lavender. Not a common color for a towel."

 "Can I please have the towel?" He waves it in my face and I try to grab it and I almost had it, but it was taken from my grasp. "This?" He puts it higher and I jump for it before giving up and standing there with my arms folded across my chest. "Jacob, may I please have the towel?" he drops it on my head and walks back over to the dummy, and drags it closer to us. "Only because you said please."

"I said please before!" 

"Oh did you? I didn't hear."

I glare at him and he looks taken aback. Just then, an older couple walks by and they smile at us. "You are so beautiful together. My husband and I used to act just like you two." The husband pats her hand and they continue walking and Jacob starts dying of laughter.

"It's not that funny."

He stops laughing for a second and looks me dead in the eyes. "Oh no, it is. Look." And he starts laughing in my face and I huff.

"Yeah, okay sweetheart." I wrap my hair in the towel again and open up my granola bar.

"Can I have a bite of that, princess?" My stomach fills with butterflies and I already know my cheeks are pink. 

"S-sure." I hold out my shaky hand and he takes a bite of the sweet granola cluster. "Thanks love." As if I wasn't already dying of affection -even though it was fake- I just died at a whole new level. My body is filled with tingles. Every. Single. Fucking body part. I squeeze my legs together. I tried to not make it obvious, but I'm pretty sure I failed.

He returns the granola bar and he lifts my chin. "Do I make you nervous?" I shake my head and a few wet strands of hair fall into my face. "What a shame." He fake pouts then drags the dummy closer to me. 

"Time to practice CPR." I take one last bite of granola before he takes the bar from my hand and finishes it in one bite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, but these two together >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Literally a dramatic dynamic duo <3

lmk ab typos and length. thanks!

~lia

Question of the chapter: Favorite ice cream flavor?