~13~ Rage

Today I decided to watch Maisey since I don't have to train and my parents are on vacation.

"Jakey, can you paint my nails please." This should be easy. I mean how hard could it possibly be?

"Of course! What color?" She looks at me like I'm supposed to know what color she wants. Her favorite color changes every week. The longer she looks at me, the more dumbfounded I am. 

She glares at me and crosses her arms.

"Pink!" She pouts.

"How was I supposed to know that!"

She stomps her foot and her eyes pierce into my heart. "It's my favorite color."

"It was lime green yesterday!" I snap back.

"Liar! It was electric green."

"Oh, I'm the liar?" I act taken aback even though I expected her to start the sentence off with 'liar.'

"Peyton would know that off the top of her head." I don't even respond this time. I just get up off the ground and search for the nail polish. 

Eventually, I find it in the bathroom in a little basket, I go back into Maisey's bedroom and she's playing with her barbies.

I sit down next to her and she places her hand on my knee. She drops her barbies and looks me dead in the eyes. "Don't mess up or else Mr. Teddy and I are going to have you hung." I swallow a lump in my throat.

She smiles at me like she didn't just threaten my life and I pick up her hand and start painting.

/\/\/\/\//\/\

After a terrifyingly long process, I finish.

I'm wearing a make-up headband to keep my hair out of my eyes and sweat is rolling down my temple. I study my work and it looks pretty good to me. It's on the side of her fingers a little bit and the corners are lumpy, but I think it looks great. I'm proud of myself.

Maisey squints and widens her eyes as she studied my work. 

"6/10"

"Does it mean I get to live?" I sit up straighter and fix my headband.

"For now," I let go of a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "Now, can you braid my hair? I'll braid yours in return." I dodge the question and decide to compliment her on her use of strong words.

"Great sentence formation." I smile, but she doesn't smile back.

"Yes or no?"

"Damn, sorry. Yes." I said the words without thinking first.

She immediately jumps to her feet and claps her hands together quickly. "Yay! Let's go." She grabs my hand and drags me to the living room.

"Okay, so we're going to do this the same way Peyton does. I sit on the floor, you sit on the couch and we watch Moana." She places her hairbrush in my hand and sits on the floor. I take a seat on the couch and turn on the movie.

I turn it on and look down at her head.

How the hell do I do this?

I pick up a section of her hair and I flip it on top of another piece. Then I twist her hair and put a small rubber band in. I move to the other side of her head and I brush it gently since her hair is thin. I repeat what I did previously. That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

I pat her shoulders signifying that I'm done. 

She slowly rises to her feet and sits on the couch next to me.

"Your turn."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hehehe. it's so cute seeing older brothers being kind to their younger siblings.

lmk if there are any typos and if the length is too short. thanks!

~Lia

Question of the chapter: What color would you paint your nails if Jacob was doing them?