~37~ Shirts

"Maisey! Come here! Put your shirt back on!" It was no use raising my voice at her. Jacob was right about filling her up with sugar. It was a horrible idea.

"Catch me if you can!" She runs down the stairs and I chase her with her shirt in my grasp.

"Put your damn shirt back on." Jacob steps in front of Maisey stopping her dead in her tracks. She turns around to run the other way, but I'm gating the exit.

"Jacob isn't wearing a shirt." 

"He has a reason, you don't." We have an at-home gym and he's like in love with it. I throw the shirt at her face, hoping she'll put it on, but unfortunately, she doesn't. She continues to argue.

"Well, you're not wearing any pants." I look down at my bare legs and I look up at Jacob whose cheeks are a deep red.

"I'm wearing bikini bottoms! And I would have pants on if you wouldn't have changed your mind last minute. We shouldn't even be running around the house, we should be in the swimming pool, but here we are, half-naked, pleading with you to put your shirt on."

She glares at me and maintains eye contact while pulling on her shirt. "There. happy?"

I give her a sarcastic smile and she crosses her arms and huffs at me. "Peyton!" I gracefully move out of her way and she runs through the house like a maniac screaming nonsense. "Remind me why I thought it was a good idea to let her have caffeine AND sugar." I lean against the wall, resting my head in my palm.

"I warned you." Jacob crosses his arms over his bare chest and turns on his heel and walks into the kitchen and I follow, lifting myself onto the island.

"I know. I just want to go to sleep." I whined, trying to keep my eyes open. 

Jacob stood between my legs, wrapped his arms around my waist, and rested his head on top of mine while I rested my head on his shoulder. "Do you want me to put you to bed?" He mumbled into my hair.

"Who's going to watch Maisey?"

"Me."

"Oh." I yawn into his neck and he lifts me off the counter. I wrap my legs around Jacob's waist as he carries me to my bedroom.

The journey to my room felt like forever and when he finally laid me down in my bed, I crashed. The only things I remember hearing before I fully went to sleep were Jacob telling me he loved me, and him constantly telling Maisey to shut up because I'm trying to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm sorry this chapter is suuuuuper short!

lmk ab typos. please vote! thanksss!

~lia

Question of the chapter: Favorite aquatic animal?