#4 - Rocky Lynch

yo go check out my story 'Soundtracked' if you're a rad little bunny 🐰

"I have an idea, be right back" Jenna stood up quickly, dragging Daniel with her. They will most likely go have a quickie in the bathroom.

I leaned on Rocky, who had one arm around me and a drink in his hand. I was glad he wasn't so drunk, it made my task of taking him home miles easier.

"How are you feeling?"

"Okay"

I wasn't the one to be out late, so he knew this wasn't my kind of situation. But so far I was doing fine.

Jenna returned with a glass, candles, paper & a board. I raised an eyebrow at her. "What is that for?"

"We're playing a little game" she set the board on the table as Daniel lit candles. "Ouija?"

"Yes!" Rocky ditched his cup quickly, kneeling by the coffee table with the others. They turned and stared at me, I shook my head.

Daniel scoffed. "Let's just play without her"

"Ash, it's just a game!" Jenna exclaimed. "Good ol' banter"

"Until one of us gets possessed. We just don't know 'ouija' one" I replied and rocky laughed gently.

"Just one game, if you get too freaked out you can say goodbye and go in the kitchen, alright?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me over. "Plus, I doubt that will happen"

"Whatever" I rubbed my hands on my jeans as they got clammy. Jenna signalled for us to shut up & Daniel flicked off the lights.

"Hi, I'm Jenna" she spoke into thin air, suddenly confident and calm. "This is Rocky, Daniel & Ashley. We welcome good spirits only. Fingers on the dial"

We all placed an index and middle finger on the dial and took a deep breath. Daniel chewed on the end of his pen, awaiting communication.

"Do we have anybody?" Jenna asked. Involuntarily, the dial moved to 'Yes'. I shivered and the hairs at the back of my neck stood on end. "Are you good or bad?"

We watched as it spelled out 'NEITHER'. I swallowed down the lump on my throat and looked to Rocky.

His eyes were sparkling with curiosity. How even..

"How old are you?" He broke the silence. The dial moved to 2 & 4.

"Are you a guy or a girl?"

'GIRL'.

"She died so young" I whispered.

"Were you killed?"

'MURDERED'.

Everybody exhaled. Daniel finally spoke up. "Are you mad?"

Our fingers flew from one letter to another, spelling out 'YES'. I bit my lip.

"Do you seek revenge?" Jenna was too stuck into this.

'DESPERATELY'.

"What is your name?" I asked and everybody looked slightly astonished. The letters spelt 'ARABELLA GRRENE'. I nodded.

Suddenly the dial started to move in figures of 8. Jenna spoke up. "Guys I think we should say goodbye"

"Wait, one last question" the dial stopped moving at the sound of my voice. "When am I going to die?"

We watched apprehensively.

'TODAY'.

All of a sudden, it was like a weight was dropped on my chest and I fell back, my friends crowding me.

"Ashley! Ashley!" They yelled, slapping my face for some reaction. "Ash, wake up!"

Little did they know, I was no longer called Ashley at that point.

*shivers*