#49 - Riker Lynch

The bus doors opened, and I swiped my Oyster card, then found a spot on the hind higher seats of the bus. Other students came in so I kept my head low, until a new face appeared.

It wasn't new, at all. Just in a bus it was.

Riker Lynch swiped his card and looked for an empty seat. Only that, that seat was beside shy, awkward me.

When the Lynches moved here from sunny California, everybody momentarily wondered if they were insane to move to grey London for university. But it took them a sentence to be loved by anybody and everybody.

And they were tackling some mean subjects too. Performing Arts for Rydel, Music Technology for Rocky, Physiotherapy for Ryland, Aeronautical Engineering for Ross and General Medicine for Blondie beside me.

He didn't acknowledge me in any way despite us having classes in the same block (General Medicine is the whole of downstairs, and Veterinary Medicine is upstairs). All he did was open his laptop and begin to type up work.

I plugged my earphones in.

Apparently they live at a really fancy gated residential, in which not even authorised vehicles are allowed in. It was the complete opposite for me, who shared a cheap(ish) flat in King's Cross.
I'm kind of an outcast, belonging to a friendship group of about 4. They, on the other hand tend to have to join 4 to 5 tables together at lunch to fit their friends.

I jumped slightly as his arm rose up to press the stop button and he shut off his computer and removed his USB stick ready to get off. It was only when the engine revved up again that I felt the same USB stick smack into my shoe.

I viciously pressed the STOP button. "Driver!"

Mutters rose as I ran out of the bus and broke into a sprint after him, who was about to enter the condo. "Riker!"

He continued oblivious, the gate closing. I stopped short of it, banging on the metal. "Riker!"

I looked up. It's only three metres, with some spikes at the top. I began to climb as security ran out. "Young lady!"

It all happened so fast.

The gate began to move right as I reached the top and my choices were to hold on and have metal spikes in my hands or do, whatever.

"Not today satan-" was all I could say before I lost balance and fell those sweet three metres onto my right arm, feeling my clavicle snap perfectly out of place.

Nothing could describe my scream. Nothing."

Riker ran to me. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

"Your USB." I dropped it out of my hands.

"You did that for that?!" He almost looked mad at me.

"You're a medicine student, Riker! It looked important." I sat up. "Now if you excuse me, I have a broken collarbone."

"We've called an ambulance, but you may face an encounter with the police for trespassing." A security guard approached us.

"Do whatever the hell you want, just make the pain stop." I whined.

Riker placed his thumb and index finger on the other side of my neck. "See Hugo."

"Yes." I looked at the security guard.

He pressed harder on the spot. "Say bye to Hugo."

And just like that, I was out.

I wanna try this