#59 - Rydel Lynch

few changes here, one of them being that Rydel is the lead singer of R5 and a total badass

"How can I put this.." Adam said. "Your boyfriend is a dick. And he's turning you into a dick."

"Derek is anything but a dick, please." I swung myself on the chair. "You can't exactly stop me from seeing him. And I don't see how that has to do with the band?"

"It does, he attracts bad publicity." He rolled his eyes. "So, I met with the boys behind your back and.."

I turned around. "Really?"

They all nodded quietly, avoiding any type of eye contact. I glared at them, then turned around.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"One; quit being a diva." I dismissed him instantly. "Listen to me, Rydel. You need to break up with Derek in the next two weeks. Preferably that he breaks up with you, breaks your heart so the media can see your more sensitive, feminine side. And then, you find love again, and the relationship blossoms over tour, until you finally decide to become public."

"Why do they need to see my feminine side? Am I not good enough currently?"

"Nobody's good enough for the media, sweetheart." He softened for a split second. "Derek is a terrible person, all he does is corrupt you and drag you into usually illegal stuff."

I looked down at the rips on my jeans, "Can I have a moment?"

"Of course, sis." Riker tapped my shoulder and ushered everybody out. Once alone in the meeting room of our label, I reached for my antidepressants in my purse and a flask of whiskey I kept with me.

Being the frontwoman of a growing band isn't easy; your face is plastered everywhere, and everybody wants to know about you and your life. Anybody else would have cracked by now, but I'm not allowed to, otherwise my brothers would follow.

They entered minutes later. Adam looked at me calmly. "Are we good to continue?"

"Sure." I said quietly. "Who's the lucky guy."

"Ellington."

All eyes turned to the drummer, who had done an ace job at going incognito up until now, as he choked on the water her was drinking. "You're joking right, no offence to Rydel but, I have a girlfriend."

"In that case, what I just said to Rydel also applies to you." Adam shrugged. "Stop looking at me as if I killed your puppy; you can keep your relationships a secret for the next year or something. Then...Rydellington can break up, or something."

"That would just wreck the band." Rocky spoke.

"No it wouldn't, it would just earn you more attention; all magazines will want to know about them two and therefore the rest of the band." Adam smiled proudly. "A publicity stunt."

"Mad, but not stupid." Ross commented.

I laughed. "In your dreams..it's not happening."