#64 - Ross Lynch

Comment below who the next scenario should be on my chickens 💖

I pushed the key into the hole, opening the door to the front house. Lamely, I threw down my bag and kicked off my shoes. "I'm home."

"Come meet us in the living room sweetie." Mom replied. One gloved hand touched another, and together their rubbed my eyes before I entered the living room.

The process repeated itself when I realised it wasn't just Mom, Dad, and little Ivanna in the room. We were accompanied by a blonde character clad in black, the only pop of colour being the white on his converse. I blinked, the face unfamiliar.

"Hey, Luce." He spoke, as if I knew him. I couldn't help but notice how he refused to make any eye contact.

"How do you know my name?" I questioned then pointed. "Who's this?"

The boy looked almost hurt, but tried his hardest to not let it show.

"This is Ross, Lucy. One of your best friends prior to the accident." Dad explained softly.

"Hi." He repeated himself.

"I'm sorry I can't remember you," I blurted, digging myself only a deeper grave. "I truly am."

"Don't sweat it, it's not your fault." Something like a smile crossed his face.

"Take a seat, love."

I perched beside my baby sister, who innocently played with her toys on the ground. She squealed and giggled as I set her on my lap, then resumed with staring down a rubber duck. "What's happening?"

"Ross and his family are back in town and well, he'll be starting at UCLA in a few days so I thought it would be nice of you to show him around and guide him around town." Mom grinned.

I looked to the other side of the room, him blushing slightly at his mention. "Sure." I shrugged. "That's it?"

"Not exactly," Dad began. "Since Ross is very gifted with music, and is actually studying for a degree in the arts, we are looking at paying Ross to give you music lessons, but mainly piano lesson-"

"I still know how to play, I just don't want to." I snapped, turning to Ross.
"I'm sorry they wasted your time, but I'm not interested-"

"It would be good for you, Lucy. You loved it before and I'm sure you can learn to love it again; you have a talent." Dad said. "Just give it a go. If it doesn't work, you can quit."

I looked down at my blue leather gloves; which I only ever take off for showering. It's a very personal reason as to why they are suctioned to me, but more on that later.

"Fine." I placed Ivanna down, standing up. "Would you like some tea, Ross?"

"Sure." He shrugged, and followed me to the kitchen, where I flicked the kettle on. "How long have you known me for?"

"Since forever, really. We grew up together."

"Clearly not." I grunted and he arched an eyebrow. "Look at you and look at me, you could use me as a ruler if you wanted to."

He laughed, and something in my chest unwound itself, causing me to smile. Why did I never try to date this guy?

"Are you not hot? I mean you have a leather jacket on."

"Nah, I'm used to it. Are you not hot? I mean you have leather gloves on." He echoed my words.

"Nah, I'm used to it." I winked and he adorably rolled his eyes. "Camomile or green."

"Camomile."

"I see why we were friends; it was my favourite too." I placed two tea bags in two separate mugs and left them to brew, beginning a quest for biscuits. I set them out on some plates and handed him his mug.

We both sipped, and both mouthed some rather colourful language at the feeling of our tongues being incinerated at the same time. The two of us laughed.

"When would you like to begin your lessons?" He popped the question casually.

I looked at him. "How does...35th of Neveruary look to you? Kidding, whenever you want, but just so you know - I don't even sit beside the piano so you have time to quit if you'd like."

"I quite enjoy challenges." He grinned.

Any person would have mistaken him for an angry biker; he was a literal walking man-puppy.

"Good luck son." I sipped my tea, but in reality, I was the one in dire need of
luck in order to not fall in love with my piano instructor.