The House of Wind and Fate

Emerie laughs in glee as she downs her third glass of wine. As it happens, the House of Wind will usually give Nesta, which now included all of them, what they want, and tonight, all three Valkyries are having a sleepover. Yes—a sleepover. With a lot of wine.

Nesta laughs at Gwyn who is giggling uncontrollably on the floor. She had sent Cassian away to the River House and made him tell the others that they want an uninterrupted girls' night. They had started out playing board games and painting each other's nails as if they were little kids again, but once the wine got involved, it turned into tales of embarrassing moments. They may have even joked around at their mutual horrific childhoods in their drunken stupor, unable to vote on who's was the worst.

"Gwyn get off the floor!", Nesta laughs as she drapes herself over the table. Emerie squeals with laughter, panting for breath as Gwyn's face turns as beet red as a tomato. Glancing at the clock, Nesta laughs harder. "It's nearly three, we should be asleep. Shhhhh! The house will hear you two."

"Us!?", Gwyn giggles. "The House is enjoying this as much as we are!", she squeals in glee, gasping as her arm accidentally hits her own glass next to her, spilling the contents onto the floor. Within seconds it disappears as the House cleans it up.

"Heyyy", Gwyn whines. "Now I have no more wine!"

Emerie snorts. "Oh you have plenty of 'whine', Gwyn", she laughs. Nesta joins in and they start another fit of giggles as Gwyn pouts cutely, her face still brightly flushed.

Emerie grins brightly. "Hey guys, I just realized something."

The giggling ceases for a moment, lazy smiles coming upon Gwyn and Nesta's faces.

"Oh no, here comes weepy Emerie", Nesta mumbles fondly.

Gwyn tears up already in anticipation. "I love weepy Em. She's so inspirational."

Emerie grins and tears up at the sight of her friend. "I realized that if we had all carried out our lives the way we were supposed to, the way we had been born...none of us ever would have met", she sniffles. "So...in a way, everything MUST happen for a reason because I don't think my life would be this happy if I didn't have you two." A few tears streak down her face.

Gwyn sobs and stumbles over to sling her arms around her and Nesta's eyes water a bit as she watches them. "I agree, Em. I love you guys so much."

Nesta nods. "I second that."

Letting out a huffed laugh, Gwyn slides into the bench beside her and hugs Nesta's side, feeling her body tense before relaxing, her usual reaction to anything physical that didn't have to do with Cassian. "You can say it y'know. I know you were scared to say it to—to Cassian. And Emerie and I know your fears about it, but it's ok Nes."

"Say what?", Nesta looks into Gwyn's mesmerizingly bright teal eyes.

"That you love us too. I mean, we are kind of like your second set of sisters after all."

"I did."

Emerie pipes up. "Nooo, you said 'I second that'."

Nesta gives them an embellished eyeroll. "Same thing. Plus you both already know how I feel."

"Still", they pout in unison.

Suddenly Gwyn swivels around, squealing and grabbing the table to prevent herself from falling off the bench.

"Gwyn? What?", Emerie asks, frowning.

Gwyn blushes deeply. "Nothing. I—"

"Spill it", Nesta urges, knowing the change in her friend's demeanor could only mean one thing, but wanting her to say it without assumption.