The Responsibility of Truth

Nuan smiles softly as she stretches in the dawn's early light on her balcony. Her hair is damp but slowly drying from her shower and her t-shirt falls to her knees. Stepping back into her room, she goes over the metal case and takes out her golden forearm, sitting on her bed and attaching it to the rest of her arm to get ready for the day. Once it is secure and functioning, warming up to her body temperature, she gets up and changes into some leggings and a beautiful coral shirtdress with a purple floral belt.

She brushes her long black hair before pulling it up into a ponytail and fixes her makeup. She usually isn't one for vanity, and she isn't the biggest fan of using kohl, but it does accentuate her features slightly, which helps when he needs to go to other Courts on business. Males will be males.

These days, there is only one male she is setting her sights on, and he is not the male anyone should want, not with all the severe risks and stipulations. But she can't help but feel bad for the person he is, trapped underneath all the pain and drama.

Taking one last look in the mirror, she has a fleeting thought that maybe she will bump into him on her travels and he will appreciate the kohl on her eyes. She then heads down to the palace's large open-floor kitchen and dining area. Thesan and Vihan are already in the kitchen near the huge island, whispering in each other's ear. She smirks and rolls her eyes.

"Get a room already. Oh wait, it's almost like you have one."

Vihan smirks and leans back against the island, his large biceps and his golden-white wings on full display. "It's almost like this whole place is."

Nuan makes a fake gagging sound, and they chuckle a bit. "Staff isn't here yet?"

"We gave them the day off", Thesan responds, looking at Vihan lovingly.

She grabs the coffee pot and pours herself some, mixing it with some cream. "I'm missing something."

"Thesan blushes a bit. It's our anniversary of when we met."

"Ohhh, gods, I totally forgot. So that's why you want the place to yourselves. And that's why I'm being sent on research business to the Day Court randomly. Got it. I'll figure out something to ask Helion. He loves guests anyway."

"Thanks for understanding."

"Course. Hell, if I had a mate or a partner, I'd want time alone with them too", she says calmly, sipping her coffee.

"What was that look?", Vihan questions, an eyebrow quirking up.

"What look?"

"That look. Like you had someone in mind. Ooh, do you have someone in mind??"

Nuan blushes and rolls her eyes. "Maybe. It's not that serious, and...it probably can't be. It's complicated."

"Things will always be complicated. Take it from us. You don't want to have any regrets, Nu", Thesan tells her. "I could have died Under the Mountain without telling him how I felt, and I always regretted that I didn't admit it. I was lucky I got a second chance. Don't let anything hold you back if you feel that it's right, okay? And if you need anything, we are here."

"I don't know if either of you would be very accepting of who it is. Honestly, most of Prythian wouldn't. But that's the thing. He doesn't show most people the good side of him."

Thesan narrows his eyes and Vihan furrows his brow. "Well, if anyone knows about the lack of acceptance, it's us. So who would we be to judge? It's been a long road to getting this Court to acknowledge that their High Lord prefers males—and a lesser fae Peregryn at that."

Pressing a kiss to his temple, Thesan squeezes his hand. "Viviane was coronated as a High Lady. If you are comfortable with it, I would like to formally make you my High Lord Consort, Han. I know how you feel about having to shoulder any burden that has to do with being a High Lord. You hate paperwork and politics and I get that. But I want you to be my equal in respect to Prythian. I want you to always stand by my side. I will shoulder the responsibilities and you can keep your role as army commander, but in title I want everyone to know that you are mine...if you'd like. I'm tired of having you stay in the shadows. I'm proud of you, and I want our Court to be proud of us."