The Good After Goodbye

The blue-haired faerie gapes, dropping to her knees in a low bow, still peering up at him in awe. "Y-you have...you have the same eyes as me", she says quietly, timidly.

Tarquin finally blinks, clearing his throat, as if overcoming a mental fog.

"M-my Lords", she murmurs, lowing her head finally.

"I do", Tarquin blurts out.

Tamlin looks between them confused for a moment before his eyes widen. "You may rise, Sprite. What is your name?"

"D-Dessie....uhh, Iridessia." She stands shakily and uses her water magic to wash away the dirt now on her legs.

Tarquin continues. "I mean...I do...have the same eyes as you."

Iridessia blushes a purplish color, due to her darker blood, as indicated by her naturally blue-tinged lips.

"My eye color is rare among my species. Most water sprites are hues of green or purple; even some pinks or silvers. Being blue-hued is rare...which is crazy considering that the color most equate to water as a life form is blue and--", she cuts herself off from rambling and clears her throat. "I-I'm just very blue", she stammers shyly.

Tarquin glances over himself in shades of blues and grays and silvers. "Blue is my favorite color", he states, a charming and handsome smile blooming on his face.

Tamlin raises an eyebrow and nudges Tarquin. "I have...something to attend to. I'll be back shortly."

"No mind, I can find my way up the road."

Tamlin nods curtly and winnows away.

"And...we also have the same magic, it appears."

"Oh..no no I-nothing at all as strong as yours, High Lord."

"Maybe not, but purposeful in its own right."

She nods and suppresses her urge to bow again. "I'm so sorry. For bumping you. I feel so foolish. I-I didn't mean--"

"Shh...don't fret. Plus, if you hadn't, I wouldn't have stopped, and I wouldn't have gotten to meet such a lovely female."

Iridessia peers up at him from below her long lashes, droplets of water still sticking to them. Her cheeks bloom pinkish-purple beneath her bronze skin. It's seemingly kissed by the sun itself, attracted to that aquamancy within her, a beacon to reflect from.

His lips are parted as he takes in her stunning beauty, those seemingly fragile wings sparkling bright and shimmering with all the colors in the rainbow, illuminating her.

She chews her lip softly and blinks. "It was an honor to meet you as well, High Lord."

"Tarquin", he murmurs before speaking up and suppressing a blush. "My name is Tarquin."

"I know. All the High Lords are illustrious." She giggles softly at his naivety and it's like the most beautiful tinkling of bells--the only music he craves from now on.

Without any warning, he can feel it within himself, that click. That small part of his soul snapping into place between them that expands all horizons and makes everything clear as day.

His eyes widen with realization and a wash of emotions come over him like the waves of a stormy sea. Joy, love, excitement...and then dread, thinking of his Court and his standing as a High Lord.

"Are you all right, High Lord?", she asks, looking concerned as her wings flitter quickly with anxiousness, lifting her off the ground to hover more level to his face.

Tarquin lifts his gaze to her twin blue eyes and chokes down the word. "Y-yes. I'm fine. I'm sorry...I-I should go."

"Wait", she blurts out, then blushes again. "Apologies, I mean no disrespect, High Lord."