Fractured Finality

Holding Caedin on her hip, Briar grins, stroking the sleeping boy's fluffy hair as Lucien pinches the bridge of his nose. Jurian and Cresseida look thick as thieves, grinning and laughing at the predicament and whatever Tamlin's reaction will hold. Jurian glances up at the dimming sky and smiles slightly.

"Vassa will be home soon. I can't make it there and back before she gets there, and...I don't want her to be alone when she gets home. But please, let me know what Tamlin says", he snorts.

Lucien rolls his eyes. "You are so whipped."

"Ohh, says Mr. Mated."

He smirks. "Go get your firebird, bastard."

Jurian bows dramatically. "Briar, Cresseida, it was good working with you. I assume I will see you around or at the very least, in the midst of the upcoming war."

Cresseida raises a brow. "You plan on helping in the war?"

"At this point, war is in my veins, mortal or not. Plus, I would be a fool to not help my faerie friends after they have just helped my people, no? Leveling the score", he grins, walking backward.

"Have a pleasant night, Jurian", Lucien quips.

"Good evening all", he replies, walking back towards the Manor where he and Vassa have been residing.

Lucien keeps an eye on the females, Briar doting on the little boy in her arms as he sleeps comfortably. He can't help the sigh from escaping him, not in the mood for any of Tamlin's mood swings. Rolling his neck, his mind drifts to Elain and how much he wants to get home to her tonight before all of the chaos tomorrow brings.

He places his free hand on Briar's arm, and Cresseida links up with the Summer Court sentries who can't winnow. In a flash, they are back in the Spring Court and wander towards the center of the village where Tarquin and Tamlin will be awaiting their return.

The moment, Tamlin feels her close, he spins around and uses his faerie speed to reach them. "Is she alright!?"

Lucien intercepts him with a firm hand to his chest. "Tam...there's something you need to know first...um..."

"Move", Tamlin growls, both of them leveling glares at one another before Lucien sighs and steps out of the way, revealing Briar holding little Caedin. She looks up at Tamlin shyly and bites her lip.

"Shh", she whispers. "I found him. But he's sleeping. Don't scare him."

Tamlin stares at his mate, then back and forth between her and the child, his expression one of utter shock and confusion, maybe a bit of adoration as well. "I—I..."

Cresseida suppresses a smirk and leads her sentries over to Tarquin to discuss the success.

"I know this wasn't expected and I know that you must not be used to having children around the Manor, and I know that he can't stay I just—look t his ears. They're getting pointed, and I couldn't keep him there because I promised Lilly, and...he recognized me. I don't know how but he did. He remembered me. He needs to be here. He needs to grow up here, where his father was from."

Tamlin nods wordlessly and looks at Lucien. Lucien swallows. "There is more to it. I will tell you when the guests have gone home", he murmurs.

"Right", Tamlin says quietly. "Can you please winnow them to the Manor?"

"Of course", Lucien nods. "I will stay until you wrap up here and we can discuss something."

"Works for me."

Briar looks into his eyes for a moment before turning and letting Lucien winnow her away.

Tamlin lets out a breath and rubs his face, turning towards the Summer Court guests to wrap up the meeting.