Manor of Exiles and Endurance

Lucien sports a charming grin as he wanders into the Exiles Manor that evening. He had just come from seeing his mate again, and having those small yet effective conversations were giving him life these days. He immediately smells the delicious scent of stew, and it makes his mouth water as he walks toward the kitchen. As he enters, he sees Vassa stirring it in a large pot, and Jurian beside her, taste-testing, an arm wrapped loosely around her waist.

Upon hearing him wander in, the arm quickly pulls back, and he whirls around as if caught in the act.

"Lucien!", the man exclaims. "We—I thought you were spending time with your mate tonight."

Lucien smirks devilishly and inclines his head towards Vassa politely. "I did. We are taking things at her pace. We have centuries to revel in each other's company. Though a couple of us are not so lucky..." He references Jurian and Vassa's humanity as he strides over to the pot and also takes a taste.

"Mmm, this is divine, Vassa."

She grins beautifully. "Thanks. I know that we have all had a rough go of things for a long while and I figured that it would be nice to have a hot meal and to simply relax. I wasn't positive you'd be back tonight, but I assumed so. As for Tamlin...", she pauses. "Well, I know he's trying his best to heal and despite the circumstances, I thought that it would be nice to extend an olive branch to him. I know you two have made up in no uncertain terms, and he's still in rocky waters mentally."

He nods slowly and sighs, running a hand through his equally red hair. "Yeah, is he here?"

Jurian shakes his head. "No, he usually leaves with you in the morning and comes back around dinnertime, sometimes later."

Vassa stirs the stew again before turning the stove off and leaning against the counter. "Nobody can heal if they don't have a support system. No matter his wrongs, they are in the past, and everyone with a good heart deserves a chance at redemption. He's been nothing but polite to me, and I can see the sorrow in his face. I've seen faces like that before. When I was back in the mortal lands. Even as Queen. My younger brother Valen...I took him in when our parents died, and he never got used to royal life. The pressure would get to him. The criticism even more so. He would act out as a means to feel free even when he never truly was. He never got the chance to be who he wanted to be because I never gave him the chance", she whispers. "I saw the signs and I ignored them...and then he—he was gone. By his own hand. There's nothing I wouldn't do to go back in time and help him", she says softly. "But if I can prevent another person from going down that path by showing them an ounce of kindness, I plan to do so. Regardless of faults."

Lucien watches as Jurian's hand twitches slightly at his side, itching to hold the red-headed woman; to comfort her.

"That is very noble of you."

She nods and turns back to her cooking, Jurian looking solemn next to her. Lucien tilts his head in the direction of the living area and he follows him there.

"You know you don't have to hide anything from us. Me and Tamlin. If you have feelings for Vassa, I encourage you not to waste time. As mortals, yours are limited, plus...you seem good for her. You have changed immensely yourself. Everyone deserves a fresh start, and now that you're a full human again and not...a trapped soul, nothing is preventing you from being with her either."

"Now, Lucien, you know we are simply...how do the mortal children say...frenemies?", he smirks. Vassa and I have been under each other's skin since we met. Not to mention she knows all about my cruel-natured past."

"Again, it seems as though fresh starts have made anything possible. You may have even been resurrected with, dare I say it, a heart, Jurian", he faux gasps.