Two Types of Marriage

Notes:

MULTIPLE TRIGGER WARNINGS--including but not limited to: domestic abuse, sexual abuse, child loss, suicide, murder, drugging, graphic violence.

They all take their seats as Nuala and Cerridwen serve dinner. A large roasted chicken with sides. Feyre reaches out to Cerridwen's arm lightly and the wraith looks down at her, concerned.

"Thank you. Both of you. I-I realize I don't say that as often as I should—we should", she states, catching Rhysand's eye as well before looking back to her. "We do really appreciate everything you do for us, especially now with Nyx in the mix."

Cerridwen smiles gracefully. "You are very welcome, High Lady. Don't worry about the child, he is a treasure and a miracle."

Feyre smiles and nods. "He is, especially now that he sleeps during the night and takes pretty good naps", she chuckles.

Cerridwen nods and places some dishes in front of them. Elain grins up at Nuala.

"You two do so much for us. Is there anything we can do for you?"

"Oh, no. Just being able to live and serve here are our greatest pleasures", she responds.

Elain places a hand over the deep gray skin of the wraith. "I'm sure there is something you two desire. If you think of it, please let me or Feyre know. Don't be afraid to come to us. Especially after you helped me to heal. You were my friends first, and I will never forget that. Plus, I can make a pretty great Sheppard's pie and souffle now too", she giggles.

The twins smile happily, and Nuala squeezes her hand. "We were thrilled to teach you, Lady Elain."

With that, they retreat back into the kitchen, and she sighs softly, looking after them. Rhys and Feyre take their seats at each end of the table—the heads. Elain, Nesta, and Gwyn are sat to the right, and Lucien, Cassian, and Azriel are sat to the left.

It is fairly quiet for a while until Cassian pipes up. "Nessi—Nesta has an announcement to make." He grins brightly over at her and reaches his hand across the table, taking her fairer one in his.

Nesta takes a breath and smiles softly, her free hand going to her baby bump as she looks at her family and friends around the table. "I do. Um..." She then looks over at Gwyn, and Elain can't help the twinge of jealousy in her gut.

"It's a girl."

Gasps resound around the table and Feyre grins, looking over at Rhys who plasters a polite smile on his face.

Gwyn squeals and hugs her tightly. "Oh, Nes!! A lil Valkyrie! I'm so excited, she's going to be so amazing like her Mom."

Nesta tears up and chuckles, hugging her back for the moment. "Thank you."

Elain smiles at the exchange despite herself, realizing why Nesta is so close with her. Not only had they nearly died together in the Blood Rite, another form of traumatic hell, but Gwyn has remained by her side since the day they had met, and has never wavered in her support of Nesta. Unlike she had. Her gut roils a bit at the guilt. Gwyn had—and continues to encourage her voracious older sister more than she ever has. Hopefully, they will all be good friends in however hundreds of years, but for now, tension still rules, unfortunately. Even if that situation with Azriel is no longer an issue.

Azriel's shadows swirl around him as he smiles joyously, leaning over to pat Nesta's hand as well. "Congratulations, Nesta", he says with his usual quiet grace. "I can't wait to meet her. Maybe I can help Cass teach her how to fly." Feyre groans and a mischievous twinkle appears in his eye.

"Oh come on, Feyre. I was a great teacher."

Rhys snorts and Cassian laughs. "Remember, you got your tactics from Rhys and me!"