Stupid Silly Dreams

Lucien, Elain, and Nuan winnow into the Day Court border, met by near-blinding streaks of gold sunshine as they walk up the small foothills towards the Palace, flanked by a few guards. Lucien holds Elain's hand and Nuan tosses him a smirk.

"You two are cute together, y'know."

"Are we?"

"Yes. Very much so." She turns her attention to Elain. "Thank you. For making him happy. For a while there I wasn't sure you two were going to come out of the other side of your grievances. But I'm glad you gave him a chance and it worked out. Luci deserves the happiness you give him, Elain."

A blush stains her cheeks as she nods politely. "Thanks. I was struggling for a while, and I didn't know what was going to happen either. But I can't be happier with who my mate is now. I know that we were chosen correctly for one another and we have a lot to look forward to in the future."

Lucien brings her hand to his mouth and kisses her knuckles, tossing her a smoldering glance, which only makes her blush more. "That we do, my Lady."

Nuan snorts and shakes her head, grinning from ear to ear for her friend.

Once they enter the open grand foyer, Helion comes sauntering out with Thea and Elior following, Briar close behind them, the latter three gossiping and chuckling.

Lucien flourishes a dramatic bow, the way he knows Helion will appreciate, being the jokester that he is. Elain curtsies and Nuan bows lightly.

Helion barks out a laugh and beckons them forward. "Lucien, how have you been? Cooled off those flames since the last visit?"

He clears his throat. "Yes. I—I apologize for my behavior last time. I was told some pertinent information that had been kept from me the entirety of my life and I got a bit upset that I was kept out of the loop."

Elain bites her lip and glances at him, not flinching away from the unblinking stares between them, and wonders for a moment if Helion knows now that Lucien knows about his mate bond with his mother.

Nuan, Thea, Elior, and Briar are silent, tense with the confrontation. Helion grips Lucien's shoulder, and still, he remains unshakeable.

"I believe that is a matter for us to discuss in private, no?", Helion nods to him in understanding.

Lucien lets out a huffed breath and nods. "Right. You're right. That isn't the business I am here for, but I would like a word before I take my leave if you'll oblige, Helion."

"I will."

"Briar", he grins, calling the young female forth. "I hope you had a lovely time in the Day Court. I certainly know that Thea and Eli had a great time getting to know you.

Briar smiles. "I had a great time. All of the Courts have been so inviting and I've made so many good friends. I hope I can visit everyone, or they can visit me wherever I land from time to time."

Thea hugs her tightly and Eli strokes her silky hair. "We will miss you so much girly."

She hugs back and sniffles, but grins. "I'll miss you both too."

"Both?", Helion whines.

"All", she laughs giving him a timid hug.

"Oh, come here you sweetheart." He wraps his huge arms around her and nearly crushes her to his chest.

"Oh! Helionnnn."

Lucien raises an eyebrow and Elain and Nuan chuckle at his antics.

"You'll suffocate the poor girl, let her be", Lucien snorts, gently shoving the large male's arm.

A Court of Love and Healing {ACOTAR}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें