Talents and Tactics

"High Lord Thesan, always a pleasure", Lucien smirks, bowing dramatically.

Briar smiles and Nuan suppresses a chuckle, clasping her metal hand and flesh hand together.

"Lucien. I believe we had settled on a time, and it seems that you're eight minutes late."

"Yes, well, you know that business in Prythian is not always the most timely. Especially as a High Lord."

Elain glances between them worriedly.

Briar clears her throat. "Elain. It's nice to see you again, come to see more of Prythian with your mate?"

Thesan seems to just notice Elain, his gaze moving to the beauty. "Ah, Elain Archeron. The newly illustrious seer. Your mate, I presume?", he nods to Lucien. "Lucky to have such a beauty. I would be too if I were one to be entranced with the female gaze", he lets out a quiet chuckle. Vihan smirks and places a hand on Thesan's shoulder.

"Yes. My mate. I am extremely lucky", he replies, meeting Elain's eyes.

"As am I", she pipes up, finding her voice. "Lucien is an incredible male, as I'm sure all of you know. Especially Nuan and Briar."

Nuan nods. "He's a good friend, I can only imagine what an attentive mate he is. I am glad you are finally feeling welcome and growing into your fae body, Miss Elain."

"Thank you", she nods graciously.

"Ready to go Briar?"

"I am", she grins, turning back to Nuan and hugging her tightly. "Thank you so much for how welcome you made me feel. I'm making lots of friendships and I couldn't be more excited about it."

"I'm very glad you're feeling more comfortable with Prythian, and I'm sorry for the way you were introduced to it." Nuan leans closer to her ear. "And good luck with your situation."

Briar blushes and nods, stepping back and looking up at Thesan and Vihan. "Thank you, High Lord and Lord, for welcoming me in and showing me the beauty of the Dawn Court. I've enjoyed my stay very much."

Thesan smiles and places his right hand on top of his lover's on his left shoulder. "I'm glad."

Vihan grins broadly. "Hopefully we will see you around, little fae."

Briar giggles softly. "I hope so as well, Vihan. Thank you again."

As Lucien, Elain, and Briar head back down the path, Eris suddenly winnows in front of them. He is wearing deep green trousers and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled to the elbows, his Autumn Court vest in place. Nuan rushes down the path to meet him and Lucien is wide-eyed the entire time.

"Eris, why are you in the Dawn Court? If you have an ill will from father towards—"

"Calm down, brother", Eris says coolly, his chin high as he adjusts the large emerald encased in gold on his middle finger, an heirloom from their mother's father. "I came to speak with Nuan."

Lucien sneers. "She won't help you make anything dangerous for him, so you can slink back with your tail between your legs and tell him she is unable. Lucien steps slightly in front of Nuan in case Eris decides to be foolish.

Nuan glances at Eris and takes a breath, placing a hand on Lucien's shoulder. "It's alright, Luc. Really. We do have things to speak about, and I promise you, they do not involve Beron. If they did, I'd be the first one to send him away. You know that."

"But your magic is—"

"Unreliable sometimes, yes. But I know how to defend myself. And not for nothing but, I don't need to with Eris." A slight blush comes to her pale face and Lucien nearly gawks at the ridiculous notion that floated into his head.