- Chapter 2: (Master Hwa-Gil)

- Haeun's POV:

The next day, my father (The Crown Prince) summoned me, my brother, and my brother's most trusted Master (Kang Hwa-Gil / Ik-Sun) to have some tea and snacks together.

***Hwa-Gil is a member of the Royal Institute. He is like a second father to Haeun and Hwi.***

"His Highness takes after you in his cleverness and boldness...", Master Hwa-Gil says to my father, making him smile.

"His tutors at the institute see it as an honor to be able to serve His Highness.", Master Hwa-Gil adds as my father looks at my brother with a smile.

'Wow! My brother must me amazing at everything! I hope I can be complimented like this one day!', I think to myself while smiling.

"There is no need to compliment him for my sake... From what I hear though, rather than reading books, you're more interested in playing soccer and enjoying outdoor activities with Eunuch trainees...", My dad states while looking at my brother.

"Is that true?", My dad asks him as I give my brother a worried look.

'I hope he doesn't get in too much trouble because of me...', I think worryingly.

[FLASHBACK (- Haeun's POV:)]

I quickly run towards the place that my brother works on his studies at.

I start to sneak up the stairs, but am stopped by Hyun.

"Haeun, you cannot play with Hwi today. You have done it for the past week. He needs to catch up on his studies.", Hyun tells me.

"Is he still not done?", I ask Hyun.

"No, Haeun.", He responds.

"Fine...Are you not studying today?", I responded.

"I had a question for Master Hwa-Gil about my studies...I am leaving now, don't bother your brother today, ok?", He says while I nod and quickly walk away, just enough to where I am out of Hyun's sight.

After I see him leave, I slowly walk up the stairs again and hear Master Hwa-Gil speaking.

"Where is your sister, Your Highness? She is usually here around this time.", Master Hwa-Gil asked my brother.

'Now is the time to show myself and finally scare my brother!', I think while smirking.

I quickly jumped out from where I was hiding.

"I am right here!", I yell, making my brother flinch and Master Hwa-Gil jump in surprise, making me laugh.

"I finally got you!", I yell out to my brother while laughing, receiving a smile from my brother and Master Hwa-Gil.

"Yes, you finally caught me by surprise, Haeun...", My brother says.

"Hey! I didn't catch you by surprise, I scared you!", I yelled back at him, trying to get him to say that I finally scared him.

"I did not even scream, so you did not scare me.", My brother responds

"Fine... Let's go do some outdoor activities!", I say to my brother as Master Hwa-Gil laughs.

"You too, Master! You can tell me more stories!", I tell Master Hwa-Gil excitedly as my brother looks at Master Hwa-Gil for approval.

"This is the last time, Your Highness. We cannot keep your brother from his studies anymore.", Master Hwa-Gil says.

"Yes, Master! Let's go!", I yell while grabbing my brother's and Master Hwa-Gil's hand.

[END OF FLASHBACK]