- Chapter 26: (The Planning Phase)

- Haeun's POV:

After I changed my clothes, one of the Court Maids came to inform me that the Chief Eunuch wanted me to have lunch with him, so I made my way there.

'Oh no...', I think as I see him and the Queen sitting at a table, smiling at me.

"Your Highness, please have a seat.", The Chief Eunuch says as I sit down beside him.

"I want to apologize on behalf of my brother... That Court Maid is very special to him, like a mother, actually. She is also like a mother to me too, so please don't do anything worse to her.", I inform the Chief Eunuch, who stops smiling.

"Oh, Haeun... Don't bring that up again. It is already in the past, Chief Eunuch, please don't let this get in the way of y'alls relationship...", The Queen says as she bats her eyes at the Chief Eunuch.

"Maybe you should marry him instead...", I mumble as I look at the horrific scene infront of me.

"What did you say?", The Queen asks me confusingly.

"Oh, nothing...", I reply with a smile as she looks back at the Chief Eunuch as I try not to laugh.

"Don't worry, your Majesty, me and Haeun are doing completely fine.", The Chief Eunuch says as I look at him confusingly as he shakes his head at me.

'No!!!! I wanted you to say we weren't fine so I don't have to marry you!!!! Why do things never go my way?! I guess I can't rely on Hwi's horrific action this time... I will have to something worse if that didn't damage our relationship... But what can I do?', I think as I stare at the table, zoning out as I have a flashback of the conversation I had with the Chief Eunuch before.

[FLASHBACK]

"I have no intention of marrying you... I do not want to marry someone I just met, yet alone know nothing about...", Haeun says as he glares at her.

"It is not a choice, Haeun. You can run away for all I care, but know this... If you refuse or run away... you... your brother... your Father... your friends... will all be, well... in danger.", The Chief Eunuch says.

"Why?", Haeun asks.

"This marriage is a way for your Father to show my Emperor that we can trust him. If you want to lose that trust, then be my guest... But... if you stay here... You will be in danger anyways.", He replies.

"Why so? Are you sure it isn't because we don't trust your Emperor?", Haeun replies with a glare.

"No... If it was that, then your Father wouldn't let me marry you, unless... he doesn't care what happens to you. You have to remember that you will come to Ming. If your Father didn't trust me, he would not send you off so far without anyone to know what could happen to you. And you have to understand... Your Father is not poweful without followers. One wrong move... and him and your family are dead and taken over by people who I assume you already have in mind as you have been in the Palace for so long.", He replies with a smirk.

"Do you know something? If not, why would you tell me this.", Haeun asks suspiciously.

"Of course I do, but I am not going to tell you of course... That would mean betrayal in my eyes. You... are like an enemy to others for some reason... People feel threatened by you right now, so you are being married off as a scapegoat for them to allow their plans to have a smooth sail. So that means if you stay... they will kill you, Haeun. This is their best option since they don't want to shed any blood... yet. But that doesn't mean they won't come find you after and kill you. I can't let that happen because they would blame it on my Emperor. So I can assure you that you will be safe with me because I, too, have pride as well...", The Chief Eunuch explains.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

'I was too focused on stopping the marriage that I forgot why it even took place! I completely forgot that me and everyone will be in danger if I don't marry him... But even if I leave, everyone will still be in danger since he said they might come and find me in Ming to kill me. I can't leave everyone here. I have to find out the truth before they actually send me away. If I find out the truth, I can stop it! And then I won't have to marry that stupid bastard!!!!', I think as I suddenly see a hand waving infront of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Haeun. Did you hear me?", The Chief Eunuch asks me as he waves his hand infront of my face, making me come back to my senses.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't catch what you said...", I reply as I smirk.

'Even if I find out the truth, that can't be my only plan... I will still go with my original plan to ruin my reputation around him because it would be an insult to his Emporer if the Chief Eunuch was given an unmannered wife, right?!', I think as I look at the Chief Eunuch with another smirk as I realize that my original plan has already started.

"I said... Have you started packing your things? From what people have told me, it seems you like being prepared.", The Chief Eunuch tells me as I act like I'm confused.

"Packing? No way! I do that last minute as I like watching the frantic people around me trying to gather all of my things in a short period of time, it is quite amusing... And who told you I like being prepared? I am never prepared...", I say as I watch the Queen start to panick.

"So you like watching people suffer? That is something I haven't heard from anyone, and the her Majesty told me...", He replies as he makes a curious face.

'Why does he look like that?! And of course the Queen told him that, it makes me seem like the best option. I need to figure out what all she said about me so I can do the opposite!!!', I think as I look at the Chief Euncuh.

"Oh, her Majesty? What all did she say about me?", I ask as I smirk at the Queen who glares at me in return.

"Well, She said many good things about you like how you are pretty, kind, warm-hearted, loveable, innocent, great at cooking and cleaning, well-mannered, and many more!", He replies with a smile.

'Of course she would say those traits... But I can't change my looks to make me less pretty.... So I have to rely on my behavior.', I think as I smirk at the Queen before looking at the Chief Eunuch.

"She said that?! Those are all lies, well, except me being pretty and all...", I say as I start to laugh.

'Now I seem cocky instead! Perfect!', I think as I am taken aback at the Chief Eunuch laughing eith me too.

"You're too funny, Haeun! You can't say they are lies when I have met you already and have seen how you act, and they all seem true. Now come on and quit joking now. We have to plan our wedding. That is why Her Majesty is here.", The Chief Eunuch replies as I look at him in shock.

'He didn't fall for my trick?!?!?! I guess I need to make it more believable next time, and I can't walk away since that would be me opposing the wedding rather than him not wanting to marry me because of my behavior. If I try to oppose the wedding, I will put us in more danger, but if I make him oppose the wedding... Then I will be free!!!', I think as look down in defeat.