- Chapter 21: (A New Theory)

- Haeun's POV:

'I can't believe Hwi thinks that me putting Seok-Jo in jail is dangerous for us... If anything, it help us be more safe because he wouldn't be here to do anything!', I think as I walk away from Hwi angrily.

As I walk further, I see Seok-Jo asking with Ji-Un's friends from yesterday, walking behind him.

'Is he taking them again?!', I think as I quickly hide behind a pillar and then see Ji-Un running towards them.

"Ji-Un!", Jil-Geum and Yeong-Ji say as they quickly run behind Ji-Un.

"You won the Crown Prince's and the Princess's trust in a short amount of time. Well... I'd expect no less from someone as prodigious as you.", Seok-Jo says to Ji-Un.

"If you so much as lay a finger on these two again-", Ji-Un starts to say, but is cut off.

"If you don't want to be in the Palace... I won't force you to anymore. But...don't you dare even think about being a hack of a physician again. Both for your sake and foe your mother's, especially. Consider how painful it would be to hear the name of your one and only son... tossed around like garbage.", Seok-Jo says as he walks away.

'Ji-Un was forced to be in the Palace? Is it because Seok-Jowas threatening to kill his friends?', I think as I keep myself hidden.

"Wait, did he say the Princess?", Ji-Un asks Jil-Geum and Yeong-Ji.

"Oh, yes! The Princess followed us into the forest and she stalled some time, so if she didn't follow us, I would have been dead when the Crown Prince got there.", Jil-Geum says as Ji-Un makes a confused face.

'I guess I will reveal myself now...', I think as I slowly walk out of my hiding spot.

"Hey, Ji-Un!", I say as he looks at me in shock.

"Y-Your Highness. Where did you come from?", He asks me with a confused and shocked face.

"Oh, I was walking around and then I saw you, so I thought I would say hello.", I reply.

"Oh, and thank you for helping my friends, how did you know they were in trouble?", Ji-Un asks me.

"Well, I was walking around yesterday and then I saw what happened with you, your Father and his men, and then them two. And then I saw that they were in danger and you looked really worried, so I followed them.", I say as I point at Jil-Geum and Yeong-Ji.

"Thank you so much, Your Highness... How should I repay your kindness?", Ji-Un asks me.

"Oh, you really don't need to do that!", I reply.

"No, Your Highness. I should repay your kindness, if it weren't for you, Jil-Geum would have been dead!", Ji-Un replies, not backing down.

"Well, I didn't do all of it... Hwi helped greatly, if it weren't for him, I would be dead too!", I reply.

"What do you mean? Did they try to hurt you?", Ji-Un asks worryingly.

"No! I am completely fine! Hwi and Ga-On saved me.", I reply as Ji-Un sighs in relief.

"I am glad that you did not get hurt, Your Highness.", Ji-Un replies.

"Thank you, Ji-Un! I am also gald you and your friends are safe.", I reply with a smile as I notice Ji-Un staring at something, mesmerized.

When I look to see what he is staring at, I see Hwi.

'I told him not to follow me!!!', I think as I quickly walk away, only to see Ga-On pop out of nowhere.