- Chapter 31: (Lovestruck)

- Haeun's POV:

After the Chief Eunuch and his subordinate and Bodyguard left, I saw Hwi clenching his fists as he turns around and looks at me with tears in his eyes.

"Haeun! What were you thinking?! You were almost killed!", Hwi yells at me as I look at him in shock.

"Ga-On was injured, what was I supposed to do?! Let him get more injured??? He isn't even conscious right now! And he is bleeding so much... Hwi, please help him and not waste time yelling at me...", I plead to Hwi as he looks at Ga-On in horror.

"Where is the Royal Physician?! We need to save Ga-On!", I yell out as Bok-dong and Hyun pick Ga-On up as I quickly stand up.

"I am here! What happened? Quickly, we need to get him to a room.", The Royal Physician says as I see him looking around.

"Your Highness, may we take him to your room? Your chamber is the closest.", The Royal Physician asks me.

"I don't care, just save him!", I reply as Hyun starts to carry Ga-On on his back and quickly run to my chambers with me, Hwi, Ji-Un, Bok-dong, Court Lady Kim, and the Royal Physician following quickly behind.

'Please be okay, Ga-On...', I think as we arrive at my chambers.

Once we open the doors, Court Lady Kim quickly lays out a mat as Hyun gently sets Ga-On down on top of it.

After that, Bok-dong quickly unties Ga-On's jeogori (The jacket/robe) and jokki (A vest worn under the jeogori), revealing Ga-On's upper body to reveal his wound.

I then see that Ga-On had a bandage wrapped around his right shoulder and his chest.

'Ga-On was hurt before this?!', I think as I start to worry more than I already was.

I then see a huge slash mark on his back as I see blood soaked all over the bandage.

"Oh, no. What should we do? Do you think he'll wake up?", Bok-dong asks whike crying.

"How could you ask that? He has to wake up!", I reply as I see bruises all over Ga-On's body too, making me cry even more.

"Fortunately, he stopped bleeding. But it's a deep wound. We'll have to observe him for a while.", Ji-Un replies as he stands up.

"What do you mean observe? Shouldn't we put medicine on his wounds?!", I ask Ji-Un frustratingly.

"Yes, I will help the Royal Physician with the medicine.", Ji-Un replies as him and the Royal Physician leave, making me a little relieved.

"What... How did this... What on Earth happened here?", Court Lady Kim asks with tearful eyes.

"T-The Chief Eunuch made his Guard fight Ga-On... And Ga-On saved me from getting slashed in the back...", I reply as I start to cry more, wishing I was there instead of Ga-On.

Then, Ga-On starts to softly groan as he slightly moves a little bit.

"Ga-On! Are you waking up????", I quickly ask as I wait for a response, but get nothing.

"Haeun, we need to leave Ga-On alone. The medicine will take a while to make, so let's wait patiently outside and not disturb Ga-On.", Hyun says as he starts to pull me up as I quickly resist.

"No! I'm staying right here. You all can leave, but I'm not!", I reply as Hwi grabs Hyun's arm.

"You're not going to be able to change her mind. She is just going to watch over him for a little bit. I don't think it will bother Ga-On as he is not even awake. Haeun can watch over Ga-On you can gather information on the Chief Eunuch and the rest of us will go to Ji-Un and check up on the medicine.", Hwi says as Hyun lets go of me and nods in response.