- Chaper 33: (Contagious?)

- 3RD POV:

Prince Jaeun is sitting at a desk, thinking about when he caught Ji-Un comforting Dam-i.

'That should have been me!', He thinks angrily as he slams his hand on the table out of anger and frustration and then clenching his fists.

'If anyone lays a finger on her, I will kill them! After the incident today, I need to be more on guard. The Chief Eunuch ordered his Bodyguard to kill her. There is no way I am letting him marry Haeun too, it will put the bith of them in more danger. I need to get rid of him. He is bringing nothing good to this Palace.', Hyun thinks as he then speaks.

"I'm coming for you, Chief Eunuch...", He says as he abruptly stands up and makes his way toward the Guest House that the Chief Eunuch is staying in.

- TIME SKIP: [AT THE CHIEF EUNUCH'S GUEST HOUSE]

The Chief Eunuch abruptly pulls out a sword and points it at his servant.

"Who do you think you are? How dare you talk about her here?", The Chief Eunuch yells angrily to his servant.

"Please hear me out. I just wanted to say there'd be no point in spilling any more blood. For the sake of that poor girl... You cannot do this to me!", The servant replies nervously.

"Wanna bet?", The Chief Eunuch asks as he raises the sword up and above his head, making the servant quickly back away in fear while whimpering.

After a few seconds, the Chief Eunuch throws the sword down while breathing heavily.

"I'll be back. I'll return tomorrow night. So you should wait here quietly.", The Chief Eunuch says as his servant quickly stands up.

"Yes, my Lord. Goodness, oh my...", The servant says as he quickly bows and walks away in fear.

As the servant slides the doors open to go out of the guest house, Hyun appears on the other side with a cold expression as the servant hurriedly runs past him.

Hyun and the Chief Eunuch make eye contact as the Chief Eunuch gulps.

"Is there anything you need to come greet me?", The Chief Eunuch asks with a confused expression.

"I would like to have a talk with you if that is fine...", Hyun replies as the Chief Eunuch nods his head as he points at a table and gestures Hyun to sit down at a table while he does the same.

"So, what brings you here at this time of night?", The Chief Eunuch asks, sitting across from Hyun.

"I heard that your Bodyguard badly injured the Crown Prince's Bodyguard.  Not only did you cut off the hair of one of his Court Ladies, but you also hurt his Guard... I would like for you to tell me why.", Hyun says with a fake smile as the Chief Eunuch scoffs.

"Why on Earth do you care? Well, they are your subordinates...", The Chief Eunuch replies, not looking at Hyun.

"True, but I heard a very interesting story.... Someone the Emperor puts his trust in dearly has been stealing offerings meant for the Emperor. I heard this person's also been stealing the Emperor's private assets... Don't you want to know who that person might be?", Hyun says with a smirk as the Chief Eunuch scoffs whike looking at him.

"Are you really trying to threaten me with a petty rumor like that one?", The Chief Eunuch replies with a smile.

"Everyone says the Emperor thinks rather highly of you. The higher they are, the harder they fall... Unless you want a huge scandal to break out, it's my advice that you behave yourself for the remainder of your time here.", Hyun says as he smirks and then stands up to walk away while the Cgief Eunuch's smile fades away into a glare.

"This is absurd... I don't understand why you would want to do this to me.", The Chief Eunuch replies, making Hyun stop walking and turn around to look at him.

"I'm afraid you're mistaken about that. You see, I have plenty of reasons why I want to... I'm not the one you should be scared of... At least, not right now...", Hyun replies with a smirk while walking away and leaving the Chief Eunuch alone.

"He's not the one I should be scared of right now, but should be in the future? He really has some nerve, threatening me like that...", The Chief Eunuch says aloud as he looks at where Hyun was sitting.

- Haeun's POV:

After Ga-On took his medicine, everyone left, leaving me and Ga-On alone again.

"Do you still have a headache?", Ga-On asks me as he puts his hand on my forehead, making me move back from surprise.

"What are you doing? Are you gonna fall too?", Ga-On asks with a chuckle as he pulls me back so that he can place his hand on my forehead again, making me widen my eyes.

"I think you have a fever... You're burning up; I guess the medicine didn't work.", Ga-On adds while I feel my face burning up.

"Why do I have a fever when I didn't have a headache in the first place?! Am I actually getting one now? Stupid karma...", I think as Ga-On looks at me confused.

"You didn't have a headache?", Ga-On asks me as I look at him confused.

"Wait, did I say that out loud?!", I ask him as he nods his head, still in confusion.

"Why would you say you have a headache when you don't?", Ga-On asks me as he takes his hand off of my forehead whike I think of what to say.

"Oh, ummmm, I heard that the medicine tasted good, so I wanted to try it. And since Yeong-Ji wasn't doing anything, I thought she could make it for me...", I reply as Ga-On nods his head.

"You probably are running a fever then since you took medicine you weren't supposed to. Don't do that again, you could get more sick than if you took the medicine with the symptoms it is meant to treat.", Ga-On replies as I feel my heart skip a beat.

"O-Okay, but shouldn't I have a headache right now?", I ask him as he shakes his head.

"This happened to me earlier, remember?", Ga-On replies as I remember that he also had a fever.

"Is it contagious?!?!", I ask as I hear a familiar voice speak.

"Is what contagious?", Hyun asks as he raises his eyebrows.

"Oh, well, first... Ga-On got a fever when he didn't have a headache, and now, the same thing is happening to me!", I reply as Hyun looks at Ga-On.

"What happened when you got the fever?", Hyun asks as Ga-On thinks for a few seconds and then widens his eyes.

'Did he figure out why?', I think as I see Ga-On's face turn a shade of red.

"Oh, no. It's happening again?! See, Hyun? It's contagious!!!!", I say as Hyun starts to laugh while shaking his head.

"No, Haeun. This happens to everyone...", Hyun replies as Hwi walks in.

"What happens to everyone?", Hwi asks confusingly.

"When your face burns up. Haeun thinks it's something contagious because it happened to Ga-On, then to Haeun, and then back to Ga-On again... But I think Ga-On figured it out. Right, Ga-On?.", Hyun replies with a smirk while he looks at Ga-On as Hwi's eyes widen.