- Chapter 20: (The Hidden Truth)

- TIME SKIP: [THE NEXT DAY]

- 3RD POV:

The next day, Jung Ji-Un was sent to the Royal Court because they found out that he worked at Samgaebang.

"Let me sum it up. This man here, Jung Ji-Un, recommended and prescribed only expensive and rareedicinal herbs under the pretended of treatments. Is that true?", One of the Councilor's (Lord Changceon) ask.

"Yes, that's true.", An old man standing beside Jung Ji-Un responds.

"There is more. When I visited Samgaebang, not only did he make me wait with the people of low birth, he also humiliated me by turning me away at the gate in front of them...", Another man standing beside Ji-Un adds.

"Jung Ji-Un neglected the custom of our class and tarnished the authority of the nobility. Imspector Jung Seok-Jo protected his son. I ask you to punish them, Your Majesty.", Lord Changcheon adds.

"Please punish them, Your Majesty.", The other Councilor's add.

"Is everything they said true?", The King asks Ji-Un.

"Yes... It is true.", Ji-Un responds while gulping.

"Here is the punishment... for Royal Tutoe Jung and the two prisoners. Royal Tutor Jung Ji-Un of the Royal Institute ran a clinic called Samgaebang as a nobleman. He exploited people and tarnished the prestige of the nobility. Moreover, he decieved me and the Crown Prince and disgraced the Royal Family. So his sentence will be quite severe... Therefore, he is no longer a lecturer for the Crown Prince and will be banished after facing 50 lashes. And those who helped him to run Samgaebang will be forced into doing manual labor.", The King demands.

"If you decide this is the ounishment I deserve, I will accept it. But wothout the prisoners, the punishment can't be executed. My assistants from Samgaebang are missing. Please tell me where they are.", Ji-Un pleads.

"What are you talking about? I thought they were imprisoned at Hanseong Magistracy.", The Kimg replies as Ji-Un looks at Lord Sangheon.

"Your Highness, someone took them away.", Ji-Un replies as many of the Councilor's start whispering about what they just heard.

Soon, the door opens revealing Dam-i and Haeun.

"Allow us... to answer that question.", Dam-i and Haeun say as they both walk up to the King, beside Ji-Un as Ji-Un looks at them shocked as they both smile at him.

'It is time to being Seok-Jo down!!!', Haeun thinks as she looks at Dam-i and nods.

"The person who moved the prisoners... was actually me. I was taught that the prisons are a place to punish sinners, not a place to kill them. Even though it is not His Majesty's will, the living conditions in prisons have become horrendous. Just led many prisoners to starve or freeze to death. For that reason, even without receiving permission, I decided to move the prisoners. Please forgive me, Your Majesty.", Dam-i says as Haeun looks at her confused.

"You dare to interrupt today's ruling to notify me of this frivolous matter?", The King asks Dam-i.

'Please Hwi... Tell the truth or I will!', Haeun thinks in frustration.

"Your Majesty, I have urgent information regarding the incidents that occurred at Samgaebang.", Dam-i replies.

"This is not a matter His Highness should involve himself in.", Lord Changcheon say ls as the King chuckles.

"I'll allow it. Tell me what you know.", The King replies.

"Royal Tutor Jung never disobeyed the custom of our class system. The people who actually did... would be those two.", Dam-i replies as she looks at the old man and the other man that were standing beside Ji-Un.