- Chapter 6: (Facing Reality [Part 2])

- 3RD POV:

Dam-i's eyes widen when Haeun looks at her, thinking that Dam-i is Hwi.

Dam-i quickly looks at Bok-dong as he shakes his head in response, signaling her to not say anything.

"W-What do you want to ask your brother, Your Highness?", Bok-dong nervously asks Haeun.

"Obviously about what happened whenever he met Master... Wait... How did you get out?", Haeun asks Dam-i quietly.

"I-I just walked out...", Dam-i replies nervously.

"You did???", Haeun asks confusingly.

"Y-Yeah...", Dam-i replies.

"The Guards fell asleep...You know it's night time right?", Bok-dong adds, making it more believable.

"Y'all are lucky... Mine weren't asleep...", Haeun responds, making Bok-dong and Dam-i relieved.

"Anyways... Have you seen Master after y'alls first encounter?", Haeun asks with anticipation as Dam-i looks at Bok-dong.

"Master... Is dead...", Bok-dong says sadly.

"W-What?!", Haeun says, hoping that she misheard Bok-dong.

Bok-dong quickly holds his index finger up to his mouth, signaling to be quiet.

"Master was beheaded today...", Bok-dong says once more as he looks down.

Haeun quickly bursts out in tears as she covers her mouth to prevent any noise being heard as Dam-i hesitantly puts her hand on Haeun's shoulder to comfort her.

'No... This can't be true... Why is he dead?! And beheaded?! That is so cruel... Master did not deserve that.... I will not forgive them... EVER!!!', Haeun thinks as she sobs relentlessly.

Suddenly, Bok-dong, Haeun, and Dam-i hear a voice speak.

"I understand you have the body of the girl.", Lord Sangheon says to the Crown Princess.

'Is that grandfather?', Haeun thinks as she quickly stops crying out of fear that her grandfather will see her.

Bok-dong, Dam-i, and Haeun listen carefully to the voice.

"My eldest daughter was taken because of you... And there's nothing more that you, or anybody, can do to me.", The Crown Princess responds sternly.

'Mother?! What does she mean her eldest daughter was taken away from her? And at that... By Grandfather?!', Haeun thinks with confusion as Bok-dong looks at a frantic Haeun.

Bok-dong looks at Dam-i.

'Her Highness won't be able to hear me... She is too deep in thought...', Bok-dong thinks as he leans towards Dam-i's ear.

"We can't tell her anything... You cannot let her know that her brother is dead, she will be the most heartbroken out of everyone...", Bok-dong whispers as quietly as he can to Dam-i's ear, taking advantage of Haeun being in deep and frantic thought.

"What if she asks about Master? I don't know what to say...", Dam-i replies quietly.

"If she asks you about it, she's not going to do it today... She is too sad to even talk about Master, so we have some time for you to prepare for that...", Bok-dong says as Dam-i quickly nods, agreeing with Bok-dong.