- Chapter 16: (The Other Half Of The Tally)

- TIME SKIP: [THE NEXT DAY]
- Haeun's POV:

I was walking around the Palace with my Father, Hyeong-Seol, and my Father's subordinates when we see almost every person that works inside the Palace walking and running around frantically.

"What is going in here?", My Father asks his subordinates.

"With his lecturer, His Roayl Highness is conducting an inspection of the entire Palace.", His subordinate explains.

'An inspection?', I think as I look around and see someone hiding behind a pillar.

As I look at the person, I notice that they have a sword.

'Wait... What is that...', I think as I see something hanging from the person's sword.

'No way... That's...', I think as I notice that it is the other half of the Tally that Master gave me.

'That has to be his son! I have to find out!', I think as the person spots me looking at them, they quickly start to leave.

"What? An inspection?", My Father replies to his subordinate as my Father starts walking again. I then notice Hyeong-Seol looking at the direction that I saw the person.

Then, suddenly, Hyeong-Seol quickly starts to run in that direction.

'I need to go too!', I say as I run up to my Father.

"Father, I will go now since it seems you will be busy.", I say to him as I quickly bow and quickly follow behind Hyeong-Seol.

Soon, I spot the person that I saw before as I follow Hyeong-Seol, who is chasing after the person.

The person is wearing all green, and seems to be a man.

Soon, we all run down some stairs as I see the man jump in a pile of mud, getting mud all over his shoes.

Hyeong-Seol on the other hand avoiding the mud, as I did the same, but still got some on my shoes.

Soon, the man disappears, but I then see Hyeong-Seol climb over a wall.

I quickly climb over the wall too and see the man and Hyeong-Seol running farther away from me.

'I can't let that person get away! I have to know who he is...', I think as I quickly jump down and run after them, catching up quickly.

I then see the man go under a bridge as Hyeong-Seol quickly runs on the platform next to the bridge to block the man off.

I quickly follow the man under the bridge and then see him disappear.

Suddenly, Hyeong-Seol jumps down from the platform and draws his sword towards me, making me fall to the ground.

"Your Highness?!", Hyeong-Seol asks as he quickly puts his sword away.

"Are you okay, Your Highness? What are you doing over here? I thought you were with His Royal Highness.", Hyeong-Seol asks as he helps me stand up.

"I'm okay, don't worry. I, uh... It seemed like my Father would be busy because all of the Palace workers we running around frantically, so I left.", I say, trying to hide the truth.

"How did you get over here? It is very far from there. You would have to run to get here... And what happened to your shoes?", He asks me.