- Chapter 42: (The Mysterious Girl)

- Haeun's POV:

As I'm walking around with the other dancers, I see a girl standing alone, in the middle of Palace.

"Who is that girl?", I ask one of the dancers.

"That is the daughter of the Minister of War.", They reply as I see the girl start to walk off.

"I will be right back...", I add as I see Hwi and quickly run up to him.

"Hwi! There is the girl roaming the Palace, but I have never met her before. Do you think she's a spy?", I ask him as I point at where I saw the girl while he looks at me confused.

"Who?", He asks as I look back to see the girl is gone.

"She was just there! Hurry, we should find her!", I reply as I pull Hwi along with me towards the direction I last saw the girl go in.

- Ga-On's POV:

As I'm running an errand for Hwi, I spot this girl looking at flowers on a wall.

'Who is that? I've never seen her here before...', I think as some Court Maids in training walk past her, forcing her to move back towards the wall.

As that happens, I see her start to lose her balance, so I quickly wrap my arm around her waist and grab her wrist with my free hand while spinning her around, keeping her from falling.

"Ga-On?", I hear a familiar voice say as I look up to see Haeun and Hwi.

I almost push the mysterious girl out of my arms, but when I see Haeun's face, I don't and bring the girl closer to me.

"Is that your secret lover or something, Ga-On?", Hwi asks me as I look at the girl and then smirk.

"No, but she could be.", I reply as I see everyone's eyes widen from shock.

"You seem to be from a noble family...", I say to the girl as she nods her head in response as I let her go once she regains her balance.

"Why are you here in the Palace alone?", Haeun asks the girl.

"Oh, I just followed the scent of flowers.", The girl replies as Haeun makes a face of disbelief.

"There is nothing for you to see here, so perhaps you should go.", Haeun adds as I try not to laugh.

"Here, I'll escort you. Come with me.", Hwi tells the girl as the girl quickly follows Hwi, leaving me and Haeun alone.

"Do you know her?", Haeun asks me.

"Why do you want to know?", I ask her.

"What do you mean why? I've never seen her here before. She could be a spy for all I know.", She replies as I laugh.

"Her, a spy? I highly doubt that. She was just observing the flowers.", I reply to her as she raises one of her eyebrows.

"Just observing the flowers? It didn't look like that to me...", She replies as I smirk.

"What did it look like then?", I ask her as she glares at me.

"Nevermind!", She replies as she quickly walks away, making me laugh.

'Now you know how I felt...', I think with a smirk.