- Chapter 9: (A New Discovery & Unexpected Death)

- TIME SKIP: [AFTER THE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION]

- 3RD POV:

Back in Dam-i's room, Dam-i is throwing up.

The fear that Dam-i felt from Lord Sangheon and Seok-Jo piled up inside her, making her sick again.

"Anxiety is getting to you. You saw enough guests. Its best if we stop here for now.", Bok-dong says to Dam-i as Dam-i sighs.

"I can handle it.", Dam-i replies as she wipes her mouth with a cloth that she grabbed from a tray that Bok-dong was holding.

"The son of Jung Seok-Jo, from the Office of the Inspector General, asks Gordon an audience, Your Highness.", Court Lady Kim says.

"Okay.", Dam-i says as she starts to get up.

Ji-Un then walks into the room, looking down at the floor. Dam-i notices Ji-Un and gasps as she quickly pulls down the drapery and rushes behind it so that Ji-Un cannot see her. She then sits down, breathing heavily.

Bok-dong moves the bowl that Dam-i was throwing up in, letting Ji-Un walk closer to the drapery.

"My name is Ji-Un, and I am the son of the Inspector Jung Seok-Jo. Thank you for granting me a private audience with you.", Ji-Un says as he bows.

Ji-Un then looks at Bok-dong for confirmation to sit down as Bok-dong nods his head.

Ji-Un then sits down as Dam-i watches him sadly.

"I heard that today is your birthday. This may sound presumptuous, but after hearing about how amazing you are from a girl I knew, I decided that I wanted to meet you and wish you a happy birthday in person... From what she told me, you aren't authoritative or arrogant, but a generous Prince with a loving heart for his subjects. Ever since then, I have been hoping that one day, I would be able to serve by your side, Your Highness.", Ji-Un tells Dam-i as she softly sobs.

"Soon I will be going to Ming for my studies. And I will do my best while I am there to keep this promise to you and return as a subject you will be proud of. Please stay healthy until I return.", Ji-Un says as he bows and then stands up and then bows again as Dam-i grips her clothes tightly. Ji-Un then turns around with Bok-dong and starts to leave.

"Wait.", Dam-i says and Ji-Un and Bok-dong turn back around.

"Was the girl who you spoke to named Dam-i, by any chance?", Dam-i asks Ji-Un.

"That's right. Do you know her?", Ji-Un replies as a tear falls down Dam-i's face.

Dam-i then places the two dice that she always plays with onto the table in front of her. She places them to where they say 'LONGING', and 'NOT'.

"She said to give these to you if I ever met you.", Dam-i says as Bok-dong walks behind the drapery and grabs the two dice as Dam-i watches Bok-dong walk back to Ji-Un and give him the two dice.

Ji-Un holds the dice in his hand and reads 'LONGING' and 'NOT' on the two dice.

"She told me they would help you stay string when things get hard just like they had been helpful...... for her.", Dam-i says as she looks at Ji-Un sadly.