- Chapter 35: ('I', not 'We')

- 3RD POV:

- TIME SKIP: [NIGHT TIME]

Ji-Un and Haeun meet up and wait for the Chief Eunuch to come out of his guesthouse so that they can tail him.

They hide around a corner and peak out of it, seeing the Chief Eunuch and a mysterious man walking behind him, holding something that looks like a box covered in fabric in his arms.

"Here, put this around your face so no one recognizes you.", Ji-Un says as he hands Haeun a black cloth.

Haeun wraps it around her face and ties it behind her head while Ji-Un does the same when he pulls out another black cloth for himself.

As they are tying the black cloths around their faces, Dam-i and Bok-dong have the same plan to follow the Chief Eunuch.

They soon approach in an area where they would be able to see Ji-Un and Haeun.

"Tutor Jung wasn't at the Royal Institute. What business does he have at the Guesthouse?", Bok-dong asks Dam-i as he suddenly sees Ji-Un and Haeun.

"Oh, goodness. Your Royal Highness, look.", Bok-dong says as he makes him and Dam-i stop walking while pointing at Ji-Un and Haeun.

When Dam-i looks at them, they don't notice and start to follow behind the Chief Eunuch.

"Stay here and out of sight.", Dam-i tells Bok-dong as she stops him from walking forward.

"Huh? Wait. Wait. Your Highness. What's going to happen this time?", Bok-ding whispers and whines as Dam-i runs off, now following Ji-Un and Haeun.

As the Chief Eunuch and the mysterious man walk, the mysterious man looks around to see if they are being followed.

Ji-Un and Haeun quickly follow behind them as the Chief Eunuch stops walking, waking the mysterious man stop walking too.

The Chief Eunuch then turns around, making Ji-Un gently push Haeun back as he hides him and Haeun behind the corner of a building.

"I'll go alone from this point. You can wait here.", The Chief Eunuch says to the mysterious man.

"My Lord.", The mysterious man says with a nod while he hands the Chief Eunuch the box covered in fabric.

The Chief Eunuch then walks away as the mysterious man bows to him while he watches the Chief Eunuch enter a building.

Ji-Un then pulls Haeun with him as they quickly run behind the mysterious man to the opposite side of where they were, making the mysterious mam turn around as he felt the presence of them behind him.

Luckily, they hide just in time for the mysterious man not to notice them.

Ji-Un then starts to walk up some steps as he tells Haeun to stay hidden when two men, wearing all black, pop out and point their swords at them.

Then, the mysterious man turns up while more men wearing all black surround Ji-Un.

After a few seconds pass, the mysterious man points at Ji-Un, harshly.

"Kill him!", The mysterious man says in Chinese.

The men wearing all black then start to attack Ji-Un as Ji-Un defends himself.

As Ji-Un injures one of them in their stomach, the mysterious man runs off.

After he runs off, one of the men wearing all black cuts Ji-Un on his shoulder, making Ji-Un fall to the ground and wince in pain.

Seeing this, Haeun seizes the opportunity to do her job as she quickly starts to run away and get help.

Just as Ji-Un is about to get killed, Dam-i comes in, wearing a light blue cloth around her face, saving Ji-Un and injuring one of the men wearing all black.