- Chapter 5: (Facing Reality [Part 1])

- 3RD POV:

As the encounter of Dam-i and Lord Sangheon occurs, Hyeong-Seol secretly brings Pirince Hwi's dead body into the palace.

Hyeong-Seol told the Crown Princess to meet up with him so that he could show her the dead body.

The Crown Princess and Court Lady Kim walked through the hall to see Hyeong-Seol standing in front of something.

The Crown Princess looks at Hyeong-Seol as he looks at the Crown Princess apologetically. He then slowly puts his head down and moves to the side, revealing the dead body.

The Crown Princess sees the dead body and slowly walks closer to it. She then sees who she thinks is Dam-i, tearing up at the sight.

Lady Kim notices the dead body from afar as she covers her mouth from shock with teary eyes.

The Crown Princess drops down on her knees next to "Dam-i" as she stares at "her" dead corpse.

"How could this happen?", The Crown Princess asks as she starts crying heavily, reaching her hands out to touch "Dam-i's" head and cheek. She bends down towards "Dam-i's" face as she cries more.

Suddenly, the Crown Princess quits crying as she looks at "Dam-i's" neck. She quickly reaches her hand towards the neck part of "Dam-i's" jeogori (Jacket) and slightly pulls it down, trying to find "Dam-i's" scar. When she pulls it down, she find nothing, not a single scratch or anything.

Noticing this, the Crown Princess gasps as she realizes that the dead body is not Dam-i's but, Prince Hwi's.

The Crown Princess quickly covers her mouth with both of her hands as she stares at Prince Hwi with shock and disbelief.

Court Lady Kim notices and looks at Hyeong-Seol in confusion. In return, Hyeong-Seol clenches his fist as he closes his eyes and puts his head down.

Court Lady Kim realizes that the body belongs to Prince Hwi. She quickly drops down on her knees as she gasps.

"Your Highness.", Court Lady Kim says with sorrow.

Hearing Court Lady Kim acknowledge Prince Hwi triggers the Crown Princess to turn her disbelief into reality, causing her to start sobbing uncontrollably.

The Crown Princess shakes her head, not wanting to believe that Prince Hwi is dead as she hovers over his dead body, mourning.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the palace, Dam-i is still stuck in a troublesome situation.

"What are you doing here by yourself without any accompaniment?", Lord Sangheon asks who he thinks is Prince Hwi.

Dam-i quickly stands up and looks at Lord Sangheon nervously.

"Well... um... I... wanted to get some fresh air after my reading, so I came out for a walk.", Dam-i responds.

"Her Highness said the same thing earlier. No wonder you two are siblings....", Lord Sangheon says as Dam-i looks at him in confusion.

'I didn't know that His Highness had a sister...', Dam-i thinks curiously.

"Does this perhaps belong to you?", Lord Sangheon asks Dam-i, startling her.

"What?... That... um...", Dam-i quickly replies as Lord Sangheon reads the dice again, this time reading the word 'NOT'.

"Yes. That's mine.", Dam-i replies nervously, trying to avoid eye context with Lord Sangheon.

"Commoners play with childish toys like this. So why might you have it?", Lord Sangheon asks suspiciously.

Suddenly, Jung Seok-Jo appears as Lord Sangheon looks at him.