- Chapter 43: (Troublesome Prince Changun)

- 3rd POV:

After everyone left the Queen Dowager's Chambers, Haeun quickly grabbed Ga-On's arm.

"Ga-On, I forgot I was supposed to meet So-Eun outside the Palace...", Haeun says to Ga-On.

"And what does that have to do with me?", Ga-On asks as Haeun rolls her eyes.

"You're the only one that I can go outside the Palace with since Hyun or Hwi are gone!", Haeun replies as Ga-On sighs.

"Fine...", Ga-On replies as Haeun starts to run towards the gate that leads outside the Palace, dragging Ga-On with her.

As they reach outside the Palace gates, Haeun spots So-Eun and the girl that she saw before that was roaming the Palace.

"Oh, Haeun!", So-Eun says as she notices Haeun and says goodbye to the girl that was roaming the Palace.

"Lady So-Eun!", So-Eun's Court Maid yells out as she starts to run towards So-Eun while Haeun sees some kids running toward the Court Maid.

The Court Maid then moves out of the way of the kids and bumps into someone, falling and dropping a basket full of food that she was holding onto in the process.

"Oh! No. How could this be?", The Court Maid says as she starts to pick the food and basket up.

"What...", The person she bumped into says annoyingly.

"Forgive me, my Lord. Are you all right?", The Court Maid asks, gasping for air.

"Are you kidding me?", The person the bumped into says as he notices some of the food got onto his shoe.

"S-Sorry, my Lord. Let me wipe it clean, please.", The Court Maid says while bowing as she starts to wipe the food off his shoe.

"Stop that, you dirty wench.", The guy says as he kicks her hand away.

"Hey, you, come here. How dare you lay your hands on me?", The guy says as he kicks her shoulder, making her fall back.

"Jan-i, are you all right?", So-Eun asks as she runs up to the Court Maid and helps her stand up.

"My Lady...", The Court Maid says, frightened.

"What do you think you are doing?", So-Eun asks the guy.

"What? What am I doing? Really? Talk about having a lousy day.", He reply with a sigh, followed by a chuckle.

"Let me apologize for the trouble that my Maid has caused you. I truly hope that my apology is enough to appease you. Compensation will be made for your ruined clothes.", So-Eun says with a bow.

"Sure. Do I look like I need money? Do I? How exactly will you pay me back, huh? With that sweet little face of yours, huh?", The guy says as he grabs So-Eun's chin as So-Eun slaps his hand away.

"Please stop making trouble.", So-Eun says sternly.

"Do you have any idea who you're talking to, you crazy wench?", The guy says as he holds his arm up, about to slap So-Eun's face.

Before he could do so, Ga-On and Ji-Un come out of nowhere and block him and grab his arm.

"Who are you?", The guy asks.

"Lord Jung...", So-Eun says as the guy tries to get out of Ga-On's and Ji-Un's grasp.

"Hey... Let go of my hand. Drop it.", The guy says and Ji-Un and Ga-On slowly let go of the guy's arm.

"We have spectators, Lord Changun. Please be careful.", Haeun says as she comes up beside Ga-On.

"Do you have a death wish?", Prince Changun asks as he turns around and grabs some tins and then throws them towards Haeun as Ji-Un blocks them.

"Hasn't your house arrest only recently been lifted? Causing trouble will only put you in a bad position.", Ji-Un replies as Prince Changun chuckles in response.

"Yeah, you... you brazen rat. You think you're brave, huh? Push your lick again. I dare you. Huh?", Prince Changun says whike walking towards Ji-Un as Ga-On quickly  points his sword at Changun's throat.

"That's enough.", Prince Wonsan says as he walks up towards Prince Changun.

"You are out of line. How dare you block the path of the Royal Family?", Prince Wonsan ask Ji-Un and Ga-On.

"Yeah. This is quite the party we are having. Right?", Prince Changun adds with a chuckle.

"Uncle, you should also show dignity as a member of the Roayl Family.", Prince Wonsan says to Prince Changun.

"I'm glad you mentioned that. That's why I need to teach these lowlife about the custom and order of our class system. So stay out of my way today. Huh? And get your sword off my neck!", Prince Changun says.

"I don't take orders from you. If you want it away from your neck, then Her Highness has to tell me, but until then, it stays right there.", Ga-On replies as he looks at Haeun.

"Tell your Bodyguard to quit and I will handle Prince Changun.", Prince Wonsan says to Haeun as she slowly grabs Ga-On's arm and pulls it away from Prince Changun.

"Goddamn it!", Prince Changun yells as Prince Wonsan drags him away.

"Haeun... Thank you so much. It's probably better if we both go back home today, Jan-i is quite startled... Let's hang out another day!", So-Eun says as she turns to Ji-Un.

- Haeun's POV:

"Are we going back now, Your Highness?", Ga-On asks me.

"No, let's wait for Ji-Un.", I reply as I see Ji-Un and So-Eun talking.

"What? Why do we need to wait for him?", Ga-On asks me.

"Can't you see he is injured? We should get it treated. If we don't, he might leave it like that and it could get infected...", I reply as Ga-On blocks me from seeing Ji-Un and So-Eun.

"You really think he can't treat his own wound? He runs Samgaebang. He is fine without you.", Ga-On says as I look behind him, only to see Ji-Un and So-Eun, gone.

"Really, Ga-On??? I don't see him anymore...", I reply as Ga-On shrugs his shoulders.

"See, I told you he is fine on his own.", Ga-On says as he starts to push me back towards the Palace gates.

"Nooooo, I don't want to go back in.... I'm already outside...", I whine as Ga-On rolls his eyes and keeps pushing me.

"I can't stay here all day, I have to go back to guarding your brother, so come on...", Ga-On says as I sigh and go back inside the Palace.