- Chapter 7: (The Adjustment)

- 3RD POV:

The next day, Ji-Un tries to get inside the castle to look for Dam-i.

As he tries to climb over the wall to get inside the Palace, he sees I-Wol and two other Court Maids walking with her.

"I-Wol, wait up!", One of the Court Maids yell out.

"Yeah, wait up!", The other Court Maid yells as they run up to I-Wol.

"What took you so long? I thought you left without me.", I-Wol replies as Ji-Un runs towards them.

"Anyway, did you hear about-", I-Wol starts to say.

"Excuse me.", Ji-Un says as he stops in front of them.

"Goodnness me.", One of the maids replies, frightened by the sudden presence of Ji-Un.

"You're I-Wol, right?", Ji-Un asks as he looks at I-Wol.

"Do you know me?", I-Wol asks as Ji-Un sighs in relief.

"Of course I do. Dam-i works with you, isn't that right? Can you give this to her when you go back?", Ji-Un asks I-Wol as he reaches in his pocket and pulls out a folded letter.

"I'm Jung Ji-Un... Wait. Tell her it's from 'Jwajeon'.", Ji-Un says as I-Wol sighs.

"I can't help you with that.", I-Wol replies.

"Please, I wanna give it to her in person, but I can't go inside. Can you please just give it to her?", Ji-Un pleads.

"It's not that. Dam-i isn't at the palace anymore.", I-Wol replies.

"She isn't?", Ji-Un asks with curiosity.

"She disappeared. And no one knows where she went, either.", I-Wol sadly replies as Ji-Un slowly moves the letter down, away from I-Wol.

"Wha-What do you mean?", Ji-Un says as I-Wol looks down.

"She left to attend the banquet for the elderly, but never came back. And nobody has spoken or heard from her, not even the Court Ladies or Maids... It's not like she has any place to go outside the palace.", I-Wol replies as her and the other two Court Maids walk past a saddened Ji-Un.

Ji-Un then walks back home. When he gets home, he notices his Father standing in front of him.

"Father.", Ji-Un says as he bows to his Father (Seok-Jo).

"Were you at the palace again?", Seok-Jo asks.

"Uh, yes... I wanted to see that girl.", Ji-Un replies.

"The Court Maid girl?", Seok-Jo asks as Ji-Un slowly replies.

"Father, I need a favor. Do you think you could ask around about my friend the next time you're at the palace? She went to the banquet for the elderly and no one's seen her since... But you might have better luck finding her as an inspector and all.", Ji-Un happily asks.

"Do you really think tracking down some girl is my responsibility?", Seok-Jo asks angrily.

"That's not what I-", Ji-Un starts to explain.

"Enough. Don't you ever bring her up in front of me again. Understood?", Seok-Jo interrupts sternly.

Ji-Un then bows to him with a saddened expression as Seok-Jo walks away.

In the Palace, Prince Hwi (Who is now Dam-i) stares at all of the food in front of her as Bok-dong sighs at the sight.

Soon, the Crown Princess and Court Lady Kim enter the room.

"Did you really not eat anything at all today?", The Crown Princess asks Dam-i as Dam-i doesn't reply.

The Crown Princess sighs as she walks over and sits by Dam-i.