- Chapter 30: (The Giant)

- 3RD POV:

- TIME SKIP: [LATE AT NIGHT]

Now, Dam-i and Haeun were with Court Lady Kim, inside Dam-i's chambers.

Both, Dam-i and Haeun were brushing what was left of Court Lady Kim's hair, gently, as Court Lady Kim sat in a chair in front of them.

"Hwi... Is your hand getting better?", Haeun asks Dam-i as she looks at Dam-i's hand that is now bandaged up.

"Don't worry, Haeun. Ji-Un treated my hand. It shoukd be fine after a few days, plus, it doesn't hurt me at all and I can use it as if it never got hurt.", Dam-i replies to Haeun, assuring her that she was fine as Court Lady Kim clears her throat.

"I'm really fine, your Royal Highness and your Highness.", Court Lady Kim says, feeling like she is a burden to them both.

"And I know that your hand has to be sore...", Court Lady Kim adds, not believing a word Dam-i said about her hand.

"Come on, I told you to sit still. Haeun, give me the ribbon.", Dam-i replies as Haeun hands her a ribbon. Dam-i then starts to wrap the ribbon around Court Lady Kim's hair.

"Your hair... So beautiful, even when it's short.", Dam-i tells Court Lady Kim as Court Lady Kim clutches the hair that was cut off in her hands while forcing a smile to her face.

"Court Lady Kim... You look beautiful in any hairstyle!", Haeun adds as Court Lady Kim sighs.

"Thanks to the Chief Eunuch, I get the chance to have my hair done by you two. This truly is a blessing to me.", Court Lady Kim replies as Dam-i plays with Court Lady Kim's hair with a sorrowful look on her face.

"Your Royal Highness.", Bok-dong says as he opens the door to Dam-i's chambers as Dam-i quits playing with Court Lady Kim's hair.

"It's the Chief Eunuch's subordinate. He invited you, Her Highness, the Vice Minister of Rites, and Royal Tutor Jung for a drink.", Bok-dong says as Court Lady Kim looks at Dam-i worryingly.

"He wants us to join?", Haeun asks.

"Yes. Should I tell them to station Royak Guards there?", Bok-dong asks as Dam-i sighs.

"That's all right. I can't afford a cheap trick like that. There mustn't be any more problems.", Dam-i replies as Haeun looks at Dam-i worryingly.

'Did Hwi get scolded by Father? Does that mean he will get in trouble again if the Chief Eunuch makes a scene? If I act rudely towards the Chief Eunuch like I did before in front of the Queen, then the Chief Eunuch is sure to make a scene again. I guess I will be in my best behavior for this, so I don't burden Hwi anymore than I already have...', Haeun thinks as she slowly breathes in and out to prepare herself from seeing the Chief Eunuch again.

"Let's head there now.", Dam-i says, snapping Haeun out of her thoughts.

"Find Royal Tutor Jung and take him over to the guesthouse, Okay?", Dam-i orders Bok-dong.

"Yes, Your Highness.", Bok-dong replies with a bow as he exits Dam-i's chamber.

"Let's go, Haeun.", Dam-i says as Haeun follows Dam-i out of her chamber while exchanging goodbyes with Court Lady Kim.

- Haeun's POV:

"Ga-On, follow us.", Hwi orders Ga-On, who was standing outside Hwi's chambers, guarding anyone from entering without permission.