- Chapter 27: (My Scary Bodyguard)

- Haeun's POV:

"Okay, first we need to decide what day the wedding should be.", The Queen says as I try to seem as uninterested as possible as I fidget with my Tally that is hanging on my clothes.

"My love. What day would you like it to be on?", The Chief Eunuch asks me as I mentally want to throw up at what he just called me.

"Ummmm, how about... never?", I ask with a shrug as the Queen scoffs and the Chief Eunuch glares at me.

"Haeun! Why are you acting like this? This is not how a lady should act.", The Queen yells as I roll my eyes at her.

"Shouldn't a lady not yell? Yet you are yelling at me... Act like a lady yourself first if you want to tell me how I should act like a lady.", I reply with a smirk as the Queen scoffs.

"Maybe let's talk about the date later... I think Haeun should do a special dance performance since she is so good at dancing!", The Chief Eunuch says with a smirk.

"I'm sorry. I don't dance for free. Last time I danced, I was given a reward.", I reply as I remember my Father giving me some pretty shoes.

"A reward? Okay then, I will be your reward.", The Chief Eunuch replies with a smirk as I make a disgusted look.

"No thank you... You... will never be a reward to me.", I reply as I look at the Queen who is smirking.

"Haeun... does that thing I threw in the lake really mean that much to you that you had to get it back so fast? No wonder you are wearing different clothes...", The Queen says as I glare at her.

"Your Highness, you left this at the lake.", I hear someone say as I see Ga-On standing next to me.

"G-Ga-On?", I ask in shock as he holds out his hand, revealing the bracelet that Hyun gave me.

'Oh my goodness! How could I leave that there?!', I think as I slowly grab the bracelet and bow to him.

"T-Thank you Ga-On.", I say as the Queen looks at Ga-On.

"The lake? Ga-On why were you at the lake with Haeun?", The Queen asks suspiciously.

"I was there to help her get something she lost. Is that a crime your Majesty?", Ga-On asks her as I try not to burst out laughing.

'Ga-On is amazing!!!!', I think in awe as I stare at him glaring at the Queen.

"W-What did you just say to me?", The Queen ask him as Ga-On scoffs.

"I asked you if it is a crime to help someone find something they lost. Isn't it a crime to throw away something that isn't yours to begin with, Your Majesty?", Ga-On replies with a smirk as the Queen stands up.

"No, it isn't. And I will do it again as it is something holding back her marriage with the Chief Eunuch!", The Queen yells as she bends over the table and tries to grab the Tally off of me again, but Ga-On pulls out his sword, aiming it towards her neck, stopping her movement.

I widen my eyes in shock and the Queen glares at Ga-On.

"How dare you point a sword at the Queen?! I order you to put it down! Now!!!!", The Queen yells as Ga-On doesn't flinch a bit.

"I am allowed to point this at you as you are threatening the safety and mentality of Her Highness. The only person that can order me to put this away is, well... Her Highness herself.", Ga-On says as he looks at me for an answer.