- Chapter 36: (Overcoming The Chief Eunuch Pt.1)

- Haeun's POV:

"First, we need to figure out why that man was threatening the Chief Eunuch.", Hyun says.

"I'll figure it out!", Hwi replies.

"I'll go with Hwi!", I add as Hyun shakes his head.

"No, Haeun. We can't have you two wandering around by yourselves. Y'all are apart of the Royal family. It'd be too dangerous for the both of you to be in one place without anyone with you.", Hyun responds as Hwi nods in response.

"Makes sense...", Hwi says as Hyun points at Ji-Un.

"How about you go with Hwi tomorrow. You know your way outside the Palace the most out of all of us here.", Hyun tells Ji-Un as Ji-Un nods in response.

"I will help you, Your Royal Highness.", Ji-Un says to Hwi with a bow.

"What will we do, Hyun?", I ask out of curiosity.

"We will wait until they find more information and then have a meeting tomorrow.", Hyun replies as we all mod in agreement.

- TIME SKIP: [THE NEXT DAY: EARLY AFTERNOON]

- Haeun's POV:

It was time for the meeting since Hwi and Ji-Un were back inside the Palace.

"We figured out that he is a gambling addict, and that his daughter became an Imperial Concubine in Ming.... He got a large sum for the items the Chief Eunuch gave him. We can use this as bait.", Ji-Un informs me and Hyun as he holds up a luxurious hairpin.

"This is one of the valuables that he obtained and put up for sale.", Ji-Un adds as we start to look through sheets of paper that have drawings of maps and buildings on them.

After flipping through the pieces of paper, Ji-Un slams his hand down on a drawing of a building.

"So the first thing he'll do is check out this place.", Ji-Un adds as we all look at the drawing of the building, carefully.

"Is this a gambling place?", I ask as Ji-Un nods.

"A lot of people come here to gamble.", Ji-Un replies.

"Since you know the place so well, how about you pretend to be a gambler, and then use the bait? I can also bring some soldiers there too, and then we can trap him in the forest and catch him, since I'm sure he will run away when the soldiers show up.", Hyun says as Ji-Un nods.

"If we catch the Imperial Concubine's Father, we'll be able to find out why he threatened the Chief Eunuch.", Ji-Un replies.

"And that will be the Chief Eunuch's weakness.", Hwi adds as we all nod in agreement.

"Precisely!", Ji-Un replies.

"What will me and Hwi do?", I ask Hyun.

"You two will help Ji-Un in the forest. And if Ga-On is healed up, he will help, too.", Hyun responds as me and Hwi nod our head.

"So, to make sure I understand the plan correctly... Ji-Un will pretend he is a gambler, and gmable with the man. And then he will use the hairpin as bait to catch his attention? And the Hyun will show up with soldiers, and Ji-Un leads the man to the forest where me, Hwi, and maybe Ga-On, will meet up to catch him, right?", I ask as everyone nods their head.

- TIME SKIP: [LATER THAT AFTERNOON]

As Ji-Un and Hyun start heading to the building, me and Hwi go and check up on Ga-On.

"Ga-On, are you feeling better?", Hwi asks him as Ga-On nods his head.

"I've been through worse...", Ga-On replies as I remember the huge scars that he had on him.