- Chapter 23: (The Queen's Plan)

- 3RD POV:

After greeting the envoys from Ming, Dam-i, Hyun, and Haeun led the Chief Eunuch and the Vice Minister of Rites to where they would be staying in the Palace.

"We did our best to make your stay her with us as comfortable as possible. I do hope everything is up to par.", Hyun says in Mandarin to the Chief Eunuch with a smile as Dam-i and Haeun smile too, not knowing what Hyun is saying.

"We appreciate all you have done for us.", The Vice Minister of Rites replies in Mandarin with a bow as he continues to speak, but this time, not in Mandarin, so now Dam-i and Haeun understand what he is saying.

"You can speak comfortably from now on for we have prepared well for our arrival here.", The Vice Minister of Rites adds as the Chief Eunuch sits down in a chair and sighs as he looks at his ornamental knife that he was holding onto, tightly before.

The Vice Minister of Rites then clears his throat.

"This ornamental knife has accompanied us from Ming. It's a lucky one, don't you think?", The Vice Minister says with a chuckle, trying to break the akward silence.

"I'd rather rest, so please leave us.", The Chief Eunuch says coldly, making Dam-i stop smiling and Hyun glare at him.

"As you wish.", Dam-i replies.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here.", Haeun says politely as her, Dam-i, and Hyun bow and then leave.

"Did y'all know that a new emperor was crowned last year? From what I heard, those two played a major role in his upcoming.", Hyun says as they walk together.

"This way, please. They await you. They're here.", They hear a Court Maid say, which gains their attention, only for them to see Ji-Un.

They are about to call out his name, but they stop when they see that he is meeting up with Lord Sangheon and Seok-Jo.

"Why is Lord Sangheon meeting with Tutor Jung?", Hyun asks as Dam-i stares at the scene in front of her.

"Ah... He has a history with the Vice Minister of Rites, so he must be there to greet him. Would you like to join them?", Hyun asks Dam-i as Haeun listens.

"What will I say at an event to which I wasn't invited? Wouldn't want to interrupt.", Dam-i replies as she glares at Ji-Un and then leaves with Haeun and Hyun once he looks back at her worryingly.

- TIME SKIP: [AT NIGHT]

Everyone except Haeun are gathered together at a festival to welcome the envoys.

Haeun is getting ready to perform a dance with some other dancers as everyone else is watching many performances and chatting.

"I'm truly grateful for this warm welcome.", The Chief Eunuch says to the King.

"However, if only you focused more of your energy on improving the roads leading to Joseon, I wouldn't be so fatigued from the trip.", The Chief Eunuch adds as Hwi glares at him.

"That means we'd be clearing a path for the barbarians up in the North... That's the reason why we've been hesitant.", The King replies.

"Well, you should have taken the time to clear a road to Ming though. Developing the land in Yeoyeon will make the trading with Ming significantly less demanding...", The Chief Eunuch replies.

"That place is a strategic point for our defense. Hasty decisions cannot be made.", The King replies.

"That's why I'm offering you my assistance. I will let the Emperor know of these issues regarding Yeoyeon. All I suggest is that you respond promptly.", The Cheif Eunch replies with a smile.