- Chapter 10: (The Mysterious Assassin)

- TIME SKIP: [10 YEARS LATER]

(Haeun is now 18 years old, and Prince Hwi (Dam-i) is 20 years old.)

The Crown Prince is now King and he remarried, making the person he remarried, Queen.

This also made Dam-i become the Crown Prince because she is next in line to the throne to become King.

The Queen had a boy (Prince Jehyeon) with the King, giving Haeun and Dam-i another brother.

Dam-i has finally adjusted to her new life, and has become feared by many. She set rules inside Prince Hwi's quarters, for her own protection.

Now, she is off on a hunt and Haeun insists that she comes along.

- Haeun's POV:

"Father! Please let me go hunting with Hwi... I promise I will not run off!", I plead to my Father (The Crown Prince) as Dam-i jumps on top of a horse.

"Let me think about it... You shouldn't have snuck out of the Palace all the time... That is why I am reluctant of you going on the hunt.", My Father says as I scoff and then smirk. In the corner of my eye, I see Hwi smirk too.

"You said that if I have someone trustworthy with me, that I can go outside the Palace... But now... you are saying I can't? Even with Hwi and the other Guards????", I ask my Father, knowing that he will give in.

"What? Fine. But if you run off, you are not going out of the Palace even with a trustworthy person.", My Father replies as Hwi holds out his hand.

I happily grab his hand and get on top of the horse too as I hold on tightly to Hwi.

Suddenly, we ride off into the woods as the Guards and some of our family members follow behind us.

- 3RD POV:

Outside of the Palace in the outskirts of town at a place called 'Samgaebang", a man named Jil-Geum tells commoners a story about a famous Physician that saved the life of the Vice Minister of Rites in Ming at the most famous inn in Yanjing who was choking on food.

The crowd goes crazy, demanding to know the name of the Physician.

Before Jil-Geum could say the name, a Guard comes running in shouting the name of the Physician.

"Physician Jung! Physician Jung!" The Guard yells out.

"Move out of the way. Step back! Be quiet!", A Guard says to the commoners as a young lady with acne all over her face walks through the crowd. She has her face hidden with a mask, but it is still visible on the upper half of her face.

More Guards come inside and push through commoners around and out of the way of the young lady.

"Tell us at once where the Physician is.", The young lady says as Jil-Geum and his sister (Yeong-Ji) look at the young lady confused.

When Jil-Geum doesn't answer, the Guards draw their swords out and point them at Jil-Geum's and Yeong-Ji's necks.

"What is going on out here?", Ji-Un asks as he comes out of the Samgaebang shop.

"What?", Ji-Un asks as he sees Jil-Geum's and Yeong-Ji's states.

"Uh, help.", Jil-Geum and Yeong-Ji plead.